Photo

How do I use Plex Media Server without myPlex?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dreamlayers

dreamlayers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

I want to use Plex Media Server to serve local media to my local TV. I don't want to share media online.

After upgrading to Plex-Media-Server-0.9.728.33-f80a4a2-en-US, when I go to the local management interface at http://127.0.0.1:32400/web/, I'm told to "Sign in to your myPlex account". How do I get around this?

According to the wiki, there are myPlex options in the server configuration. I can't even get to the server configuration because the login prompt prevents it.

Update: The username and password I use to log in to the forums is recognized, but then I'm told "Sorry, you need to have a PlexPass subscription for this." Why do I need a PlexPass subscription? I just want to share local media with a local TV!

Update 2: Okay, reloading the page after that error message (which seemed to offer no way forward) actually got me to the get started page.

#2 sa2000

sa2000

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6846 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Update: The username and password I use to log in to the forums is recognized, but then I'm told "Sorry, you need to have a PlexPass subscription for this." Why do I need a PlexPass subscription? I just want to share local media with a local TV!

Only certain features in Plex/Web need PlexPASS - you do not need it to use PMS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users