Photo

How do I use Plex Media Server without myPlex?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dreamlayers

dreamlayers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

I want to use Plex Media Server to serve local media to my local TV. I don't want to share media online.

After upgrading to Plex-Media-Server-0.9.728.33-f80a4a2-en-US, when I go to the local management interface at http://127.0.0.1:32400/web/, I'm told to "Sign in to your myPlex account". How do I get around this?

According to the wiki, there are myPlex options in the server configuration. I can't even get to the server configuration because the login prompt prevents it.

Update: The username and password I use to log in to the forums is recognized, but then I'm told "Sorry, you need to have a PlexPass subscription for this." Why do I need a PlexPass subscription? I just want to share local media with a local TV!

Update 2: Okay, reloading the page after that error message (which seemed to offer no way forward) actually got me to the get started page.

#2 sa2000

sa2000

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13749 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Update: The username and password I use to log in to the forums is recognized, but then I'm told "Sorry, you need to have a PlexPass subscription for this." Why do I need a PlexPass subscription? I just want to share local media with a local TV!

Only certain features in Plex/Web need PlexPASS - you do not need it to use PMS

• OrionShock likes this

Help given free on forums.      Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Getting Started     Downloads     PlexPASS     Channels     FAQs     Changing PMS Data Location     Changing Media Location    Plex Downloads md5 checksums

Supported Plex Companion/Remote Control Apps               Resetting System & Framework Bundles (include WebClient.bundle if Plex/Web loading issues)

Diagnostics:   Troubleshooting   Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues    Logs    Crash Dumps         Plex Home Theater: Reporting Issues     Logs     Crash Dumps            Plex Web App: Debug Log

Plex for iOs:   Console Log & Crash Dumps                 Plex for Android:     Email Device Logs          Roku: Logs   FAQs            Samsung:  Plex User Manual

Server Connect for Remote Access: Plex Media Server - Connect     Network Ports to allow     Connecting a Server   Troubleshooting Server Connections (incl Double NAT check)

Sharing of Connected Server

Current Issues:

- Plex Sync for Whole (Large) Library Sections crashes out the Plex Media Server on Windows (memory):

- DLNA timeouts on PMS 0.9.11.7 & 0.9.11.10 (FIXED IN 0.9.11.12)

- Locked out from server if PlexHome and server removed or password changed - see new support page {Password Change issue fixed in 0.9.11.16}

- Curl 52 Errors and MTU Size - Seen on Linux/NAS platforms on 0.9.11.13 - see this PlexPASS post

- Third Party and Malware and AdWare dll's that crash mswsock.dll leading to Plex Media Server crashes on windows systems

AsProxy.dll, BDL.dll, CatWSPrx.dll, ColorMedia.dll, CovenantEyesProxy.dll,cwalsp.dll, EasyRedirect.dll, GfKLSPService.DLL, HMIPCore.dll, ICProxy.dll, LavasoftTCPService.dll, MintCastNetworks.dll, MyOSProtect.dll, MyRadioPlayer.dll, mza.dll, N1Service.dll, PCProtect.dll, Plsapp.dll, QProxy.dll, Rslsp.dll, SafeIPs.dll, sendori.dll, SmoothPingProxy.dll