• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 bdrilling33

bdrilling33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

I've been having this problem for a while now.  When I go to settings then myPlex, I am showing to be signed in but cannot connect to my server?  any suggestions?

thanks

BD

#2 DryPenguin

DryPenguin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

I am having the same problem.  It worked fine yesterday, but now I can't connect my server to myplex

#3 bdrilling33

bdrilling33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

did you ever figure it out??

#4 bost05@gmail.com

bost05@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

I'm having the same problem. I've been using Plex for a couple years now and the remote access has worked great with the port opened up in my router.  All of a sudden within the past week or so, I lost remote access through MyPlex and it says it connect to the server.  Nothing was changed as far as router/firewall settings or network infrastructure. Other services still have remote access just fine (IP webcam, etc). I have not been able to figure this out. So frustrating.

#5 Niklasp

Niklasp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

Same issue here. Happened after the latest update. It works on my local network, but not remote access from either another computer signed in with myplex or from the iOS-app. 

#6 pac522

pac522

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:09 AM

Having the same problem. On a windows machine, server says its connected through port 7924. I can't hit the server through MyPlex on any other machine but I can hit it through my Android phone. Port sniffer tells me the ports are open. Not sure whats happening.

#7 happytheman

happytheman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:23 AM

Same problem here. I have disabled UPnP, manually specified the port to 32400, reset the system bundle and made sure proper port forwarding was setup to my statically-defined plex server (windows 7). Seems that the only thing that makes it available again is to restart the Windows 7 workstation.  Doesn't PMS forward any changes in your public IP to myPlex? As a CCNA, I have to admit, this is hands-down, the most frustrating piece of software that I've ever worked with.

I have made port forwarding changes, and everything works peachy cool for about two to three days (after rebooting the pc hosting pms)..then nothing. I know that this is not a double-NAT issue, as I am able to see that the port is listening on 32400 on my external IP...also..if it were a double-NAT issue....Plex would simply not work at all from outside my home network.

I wish Audiogalaxy was still around. 

#8 OrionShock

OrionShock

Plexed Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2044 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:29 AM

have made port forwarding changes, and everything works peachy cool for about two to three days (after rebooting the pc hosting pms)..then nothing. 

Do you know what the DHCP Lease time is for your Public IP from the ISP? It would be interesting to see if the timing is there.

"The Vast Majority of problems come from misguided expectations and poor planning. If you're going to do something, do it right and do it right the first time."

Common Resources that I Quote :) 
Help Desk : Media Preparation & Naming Convention ||  How to Get to the Log Files for all Plex Stuff || Providing a Sample File
Programs : theRenamer // theRenamer - Alternatives // MediaInfo // MKVtoolNix // JMkvPropedit
Directions: How to Take a Screenshot || How to Encode Like Yify

#9 holsum

holsum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

Same problem here. I have disabled UPnP, manually specified the port to 32400, reset the system bundle and made sure proper port forwarding was setup to my statically-defined plex server (windows 7). Seems that the only thing that makes it available again is to restart the Windows 7 workstation. Doesn't PMS forward any changes in your public IP to myPlex? As a CCNA, I have to admit, this is hands-down, the most frustrating piece of software that I've ever worked with.

I have made port forwarding changes, and everything works peachy cool for about two to three days (after rebooting the pc hosting pms)..then nothing. I know that this is not a double-NAT issue, as I am able to see that the port is listening on 32400 on my external IP...also..if it were a double-NAT issue....Plex would simply not work at all from outside my home network.
I wish Audiogalaxy was still around.

It all depends on your router. And for the OP you NEVER want to dmz your host at your house. That is a terrible idea!!!! Setup plex to open on your private ip adress with 32400 and then port forward on your router if you want to access it externally. Also, check the logs and provide some more info.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

#10 pac522

pac522

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

Anyone have any idea why Plex will show up remotley on an Android phone but not from a computer running MyPlex. When I disconnect and reconnect the server under OPTIONS, the time it reconnects shows up in MyPlex but the server name is in red. So obviously MyPlex got the message that the server connected, it just doesn't see it after that, or Fails To Connect.

#11 Mediaconoclast

Mediaconoclast

Plex Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

Port configuration problems ... make sure you are configuring the router correctly. Logging in to MyPlex and remotely connecting devices to the Plex Media Server are apples and oranges (meaning, being able to do one has nothing to do with the other). From the posts here, there seems to be confusion between MyPlex (which you log in to) and PMS.

So we are clear, you install Plex Media Server on a computer. You install a Plex Android app on the phone. You connect your PMS to MyPlex to provide remote access to the phone ... but before doing that, you should make sure PMS is able to stream video to another computer or home theater system on your LAN (Local Area Network), because if that is not working correctly, the remote streaming won't either.

And to be clearer, once you do attempt to connect the server to MyPlex, it will try to do that automagically.

Most importantly, I seriously doubt you are all experiencing the problem for the same reasons.

Edit: HappytheMan, the above post was not directed toward you, and you do seem to have a head-scratcher. When you log into MyPlex, if it connects, it should know your public IP, but if it changes [after a day or two] I'm not sure it would know that -- when PMS goes down, have you tried disconnecting PMS and reconnecting?

| PMS Server: ASUS P8Z77-V Pro, i5-3470 Quad-Core 3.2GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz | HTPC: ASUS P8H77-I, i3-3225 Dual-Core 3.3GHz, 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz | Network: Gigabit | Other Devices: Roku, Roku2 XS, Roku3, Samsung UN55F6300AFXZA | Primary Frontend: Sony STR-DH520, Sony Bravia2 46" |

“This sort of thing has cropped up before, and it has always been attributable to human error” -- HAL 9000

#12 pac522

pac522

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

OK, here it is again. I can connect to PMS, through a web browser, through the LAN local address with port, with an external IP and port, with my Android device. But when I log into https://my.plexapp.com/servers, it sees my sever was online, but is unavailable. I'm not sure why.

13%2B-%2B1.jpg

#13 OrionShock

OrionShock

Plexed Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2044 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

@pac522 : can you try checking the myplex site from a computer that is not connected to the same network as your plex server?  Say from a cell phone on 3G ?

"The Vast Majority of problems come from misguided expectations and poor planning. If you're going to do something, do it right and do it right the first time."

Help Desk : Media Preparation & Naming Convention ||  How to Get to the Log Files for all Plex Stuff || Providing a Sample File
Programs : theRenamer // theRenamer - Alternatives // MediaInfo // MKVtoolNix // JMkvPropedit

#14 bost05@gmail.com

bost05@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

I'm having the same problem. I've been using Plex for a couple years now and the remote access has worked great with the port opened up in my router.  All of a sudden within the past week or so, I lost remote access through MyPlex and it says it connect to the server.  Nothing was changed as far as router/firewall settings or network infrastructure. Other services still have remote access just fine (IP webcam, etc). I have not been able to figure this out. So frustrating.

I was able to fix my problem today.  Makes no sense at all.  I had it set up to use port 32400, the default port for myPlex, and that was forwarded through my router (still is) and has worked great for a couple years.  I just opened up a new port (5796) and changed myPlex to look for that and it works.  Tried to flip back to 32400, no go. But the new port I opened up in the same way works.  It's like something else is blocking 32400 that I can't identify. I used a port scanner from my mobile and 32400 won't go through, while the other new one does. I promise it is set up the same in the router.  Strange...

#15 OrionShock

OrionShock

Plexed Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2044 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

Open it back up on 32400 and try that port scanner again.. your ISP might be blocking you :\

#16 pac522

pac522

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

@pac522 : can you try checking the myplex site from a computer that is not connected to the same network as your plex server?  Say from a cell phone on 3G ?

Yep, done it multiple times from work with the same result as the picture, Could not connect to server. Another funny thing is MyPlex sees every device that connects to my PMS and configures and gives it permission in the device tab.

#17 jjwelborn01

jjwelborn01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:52 AM

I'm also having the same issue.  I have forwarded to port 32400 and even tried 5796 with no luck.  This is getting to be really annoying.

#18 Niklasp

Niklasp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

My server is still working on my local network, but has been unavailable for external computers and phones since the middle of july. On the myplex-page it shows up, but it says it's unavailable in red color, and that it hasn't been seen online since july 26. 

I did recently get a VPN for the computer that runs the PMS, but it's usually turned off. I guess it would make sense if the PMS was unavailable when the VPN was turned on, but now it just stays unavailable no matter what. 

Not sure what to do. Any info I could provide that could help get this solved? It's been working smoothly for so long, so it's rather annoying that it just suddenly stopped working. 

#19 Yelloe1213

Yelloe1213

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

I have this same issue with the https port. It works fine with every other port. Just not the https. No clue what is going on :(

FYI I just updated to the latest software 0.9.8.4

#20 happytheman

happytheman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

It all depends on your router. And for the OP you NEVER want to dmz your host at your house. That is a terrible idea!!!! Setup plex to open on your private ip adress with 32400 and then port forward on your router if you want to access it externally. Also, check the logs and provide some more info.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I'm not sure, but I'll see if I can find out.  

On the bright side, we're getting an upgrade to a higher bandwidth connection in the next week. Maybe the problem will go away...

Edit: HappytheMan, the above post was not directed toward you, and you do seem to have a head-scratcher. When you log into MyPlex, if it connects, it should know your public IP, but if it changes [after a day or two] I'm not sure it would know that -- when PMS goes down, have you tried disconnecting PMS and reconnecting?

I figured. :)

When the issue occurs, it's in an unconnected state. I click connect, and it fails...yet I can see that the port is open from outside my network. Truly a mystery.  I'll try logging out, then back on again. I'm pretty sure I did that once before, but hell...I'll try anything. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users