• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Canadehn

Canadehn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

I am trying to stream an episode of a tv show from an online channel (CBS).  However, every time I load an episode I get the message "Your iPad needs a bit of help to play ________" then underneath this it states "This video is in a format that your iPad doesn't understand.  To play it, connect to a Plex Media Server, which can convert it in real time to a more friendly format". 

Now I am pretty sure I am connected to the media server because I can play content that is on my Macbook that has the Media Server running.

So what is it that I am doing wrong? How do I get this to work?

Thanks.

#2 qvindesland

qvindesland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Getting the same error on my ipad also on my android hdmi did you ever manage to fix this?

#3 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2896 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

What version of PMS are you running? There is a known issue with CBS and a number of other channels when using PMS 0.9.7.28
http://forums.plexap...view=getnewpost

If you are having trouble with one or more channels, check here first.
If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
Check out unofficial channels in the
UnSupported AppStore
Follow my efforts on Github and Twitter
Donate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users