• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Maulinwolf

Maulinwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

why wont plex on the roku locate the local files anymore? when i got my first roku plex would find the local server. with the myplex intergration it no longer does it. when myplex went down i couldnt access my media anymore even though its a local share. any help with this would be appreciated. thanks

#2 prem1er

prem1er

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

What do you mean by "when myPlex went down.." (your local server stopped, or the myPlex service stopped working)? Do you have your Roku configured to connect to your server through myPlex or have you manually configured your server?

Primary PMS: Ubuntu 12.04, AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5Ghz, 8GB ram

Storage: 3TB WD

Mobile Client: 1 x Samsung Galaxy S4, 1 x HTC One, 1 x ASUS TF101

Other Client: Roku 3

#3 Maulinwolf

Maulinwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

when i first started using plex on a roku box it would find the local server on its own. its setup using myplex service right now. and when that goes down like it has on ocassion i cant access the local files at all. so you are saying i will manually have to set it up to connect locally?? or manually add my server to the plex running on the roku box? and local pc?

#4 prem1er

prem1er

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

You can configure it however you would like. If you are using myPlex, then yes it is a web service that actually needs to go outside of your network to get back data about your server. That being said, I have never had an issue with myPlex service being down. If you are finding that myPlex is going down it sounds like you may actually just be losing network connectivity (from your ISP), but I would suggest just configuring it manually if that is working for you.

Primary PMS: Ubuntu 12.04, AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5Ghz, 8GB ram

Storage: 3TB WD

Mobile Client: 1 x Samsung Galaxy S4, 1 x HTC One, 1 x ASUS TF101

Other Client: Roku 3

#5 Maulinwolf

Maulinwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

myplex went down just last night for about 30 minutes... and has gone down at least once a month for about the same time while they did upgrades... it isnt that big of a pain except when i was watching something lol.  i will look into how to configure plex on the roku  to manually see the server.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: local files, access

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users