• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bignotch

bignotch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

The PMS works just fine. But the actual player always quite unexpectedly. I did a fresh install of mavericks yesterday and it STILL quits everything I start it up. I can even launch it at all anymore.

#2 hoomanbahrani

hoomanbahrani

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

I'm having issues as well. I can move around and play, but once I play a TV show, or movie, then try to ESC back a menu, it freezes. 

#3 magnusalex

magnusalex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

Could it be that you experience the same error as I do? Check this thread: http://forums.plexap...ection-failure/

Nothing to do with Mavericks, but it happened at the same time as Mavericks was released - so you might THINK it's Mavericks.

#4 Powertowerpro

Powertowerpro

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Plex needs to support full screen. The best part of Mavericks is that displays can have separate spaces. When this option is enabled the white menu bar is visible over the interface. We need a fix for this ASAP.

#5 Zillion_

Zillion_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Temporarily switch to another skin, e.g. Simplex or the default skin; the problem is in PlexAEON.

#6 d112570

d112570

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

I can play tv-shows all day, but when I watch youtube movies online like Fox, after so many minutes it freezes, its not random, its a fixed freeze.

#7 Herr+Trigger

Herr+Trigger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'm having an issue as well.  Not sure if it's simply a setting that i've borked in the process of trying to fix things, or if it's the new Mavericks os x update or something to do exclusively with the Plex media player.  

I'm unable to play any videos with plex anymore. 

My setup:

late 2012 mac mini 2.6 GHz core i7

16 GB ram

Intel HD graphics 4000

OS X (10.9)

OS is on an ssd (crucial I think, it's been awhile since i installed it),

4x western digital elements external USB drives (2x2 TB,2x1TB)

I just deleted and reinstalled the plex client so I'm running the latest version.

doesn't seem to matter what sort of format I try to play, .mkv .avi .mp4 I get nothing, no video or audio at all anymore.

The app previously played everything I threw at it flawlessly.  Any suggestion on what to try to fix this?

The app doesn't crash when i try to open a video, it just open up to the menu and stops, I'm able to navigate the menu fine, but nothing i've done seems to get me anywhere.

#8 wahlman.j

wahlman.j

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1501 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

Im working fine here on mavericks.
OpenConnect (OSX APP) & WebConnect (OSX Web-Managment "PlexConnect Remote Control") https://forums.plex....onnect-osx-app/ALL IN ONE LINKS FOR EVERYTHING RELATED TO OSX & A LOT MORE(POST#2):http://forums.plexap...cripts-for-osx/Appletv detailed firmware revisions and shsh status: FirmwareIf you like any of my apps, tutorials, or help fixing your plexconnect/pms/plex issues with teamviewer feel free to send me a donation via paypal: US EUR<p>If you would like to donate to plexconnect do that here: US-$ EUR

If you enjoy my app and cannot afford to donate you can always share your plex library. Just login to the site here and goto the servers link and share to my user name http://plex.tv

wahlman.j

#9 Lasmamoe

Lasmamoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'm having the exact same issue as 'Herr+Trigger'.

The app opens up fine, but the video doesn't play. Theres only a black screen and a menu on the left.

Plex worked fine for me until i updated to Mavericks, and it's really annoying because i have searched for hours, and Plex is the only app that is able to play 1080 mkv files without any lag.

#10 Almarma

Almarma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

Same problem here :'(. The other day I tried, as somebody posted here in the forum, to go to Preferences -> Mission Control, and disable "The screens has different spaces" (sorry if the text is not 100% exact! because my Mac is in Spanish ;). After doing that and rebooting, it worked with a clean Plex app. Then I changed the skin to Retroplex, and the problem came back. Then I deleted the Retroplex folder, but the problem is here yet: it crash continuously offering to send a report to Apple. I'll try to delete it again, including the "Library -> Application support -> Plex" to see if it works again with the default skin and settings :(

UPDATE: after deleting that folder, deleting the .app, and copying a new copy, the problem is still there for me. Really sad :(

#11 Lasmamoe

Lasmamoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

Almarma: I just tried unchecking the "display has different spaces" and it didn't work :/

#12 Pezman

Pezman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:11 AM

I have the same issue.   I've detailed what I tried here.  I'm up for any advice: http://forums.plexap...media/?p=502783

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users