5 replies to this topic

#1 faithful

faithful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

Hi everyone,

I have plex installed on my Mac mini with may movies on an external HD and I am loving it. My problem is that I have some in German, some in English and some with dual languages. I wonder if there is a way to make that visible in the library. Because some friends don't understand English and others don't get along with German. So I would like to filter the movies in order to choose the right one without testing every time. Is that possible?

Thanks for the help,
Faithful

#2 jayman978

jayman978

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4561 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:17 PM

Currently it is not possible to filter by audio track. Improvements are coming to the library and UI though that will make it more obvious which tracks are available without have to start the video to find out.

#3 faithful

faithful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:22 PM

Thanks jayman! So I guess I will have to manually rename all the titles to include the language version... well, the weekend is comming! :rolleyes:

#4 John Lockwood

John Lockwood

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:47 AM

For what its worth, Plex can happily play VOB or MPEG2 files which have multiple audio tracks which may be in different languages. You can select which track to play by pressing "M" and using the audio options. I believe Plex will always default to the first track. When you list the various audio tracks they will not be labelled as to what language they are, nor do I recall it even listing what type (Stereo, 5.1, DTS, etc.) they are.

I don't believe these type of files can store the language label but certainly the type (DTS etc.) could be determined and in theory listed.

#5 Tib

Tib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Currently it is not possible to filter by audio track. Improvements are coming to the library and UI though that will make it more obvious which tracks are available without have to start the video to find out.

I'm with Faithful having the same problem: movies in English, movies in German and movies in dual language.

If I ever make this mistake again: "Lets watch this romance movie ... it should be in German ... ooops, sorry, no German, English track only" I get killed by my wife. You don't want me to get killed, do you? Any help on surviving? Please!

Can I maybe help making a language filter option possible?

#6 faithful

faithful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

Hi Tib,

Meanwhile I have resolved the issue for my-self. Now with Plex supporting different folders, I simply created three folder for the different language versions. If you name them correctly and then copy the appropriate files into them it works quite well in Plex.

Cheers,