[1.9.7.4441] Chromecast Stream of TV-Show skips final 20% and loads next episode

chromecast

#1

Hi,

Since i've upgraded my Plex installation to the latest version i'm walking into an annoying bug.

It seems that the final 20% of the playtime is skipped when an episode is streamed to chromecast. Natively playing it in the browser or any app doesn't show this behavior. I've rebooted both the Chromecast as the PlexMediaServer but this did not fix the issue.

Is anyone else encountering the same issue? Is there something i can do to resolve this issue?

Kind regards,

Hakulaku

Edit: I'm running PlexMediaServer on Ubuntu and installed the 64bits version.


#2

i have a some what new issue since the update that causes the episode to stop and countdown to start playing the next one as well. though it is not only when there is 20% left. it could happen 20 min into a hour long episode and then every 5 minutes after that when i go to restart it. I have also seen the same bug on the xbox one app. but this bug has been around since the new xbox one app came out a couple weeks back


#3

I'm having this same issue, except playback stops with only a minute or so left in the episode.


#4

@MongarEric said:
I'm having this same issue, except playback stops with only a minute or so left in the episode.

People who have the buffer length set to longer - ie 300 seconds, will experience it 5 minutes before the end. The rest of us who haven't changed the settings - find it happening about 60 seconds before the end.


#5

Same issue here. I just rolled back to 1.9.6 and waiting for confirmation from one of my users to see if this fixes it.


#6

I rolled back to 1.8.2 since i still had the installation files of that version ^_^. For me it fixed it.


#7

I can't roll back until Sunday - but i know for a fact that 1.9.6.4401-53fa66811 did not have this problem. On Windows sticking "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Updates" into the Run box will get you your previously downloaded Plex Media versions.


#8

Having this exact same problem. Chromecast gen 2, Plex Windows server 1.9.7.4441


#9

Having the same issue as well


#10

Same issue here. I've bumped down the buffer to 30 seconds for now.


#11

Same issue here. PMS 1.9.7.4441 on WD pr2100, chromecast II with 1.28.100555 firmware, plex for iOS 4.20
with direct play i don't have this issue, but direct stream and transcoded stream, i have


#12

Same issue here for Windows Plex Media Server 1.9.7.4441 using the Roku Plex Pass app (5.0.5.4253-c218cf21-PlexPass) on a Roku 3. Cuts off a few minutes from the end. I had "Transcoder default throttle buffer" set to 300 seconds, so I have changed that to 30 seconds to see if that improves things given the advice above.


#13

I've got the same issue as well!


#14

Same here, CC 1st generation. Never happened before, it started today.


#15

Same issue here... 60 last seconds missing on every single TV Shows.

A fix would be appreciated ;)


#16

It is the throttle buffer which is normally 1 minute

There is an issue with 1.9.7.4441 beta release which is affecting roku and chromecast streaming of mkv files and ending the playback a minute or so before the end. There are a number of forum threads on this

Until a fix is released, you can downgrade to the public release 1.9.6.4429 available from https://plex.tv/downloads

On windows to downgrade, you must uninstall 1.9.7.4441 through control panel / add or remove programs before installing 1.9.6.4429


#17

I am having the same issue. Only with Chromecasting/casting. Happens close to end. Variable percentage left of video before advancing to next/counting down to next.


#18

@sa2000 said:
It is the throttle buffer which is normally 1 minute

There is an issue with 1.9.7.4441 beta release which is affecting roku and chromecast streaming of mkv files and ending the playback a minute or so before the end. There are a number of forum threads on this

Until a fix is released, you can downgrade to the public release 1.9.6.4429 available from https://plex.tv/downloads

On windows to downgrade, you must uninstall 1.9.7.4441 through control panel / add or remove programs before installing 1.9.6.4429

For me it's not only streams of MKV files that show this behavior.


#19

@Hakulaku said:

@sa2000 said:
It is the throttle buffer which is normally 1 minute

There is an issue with 1.9.7.4441 beta release which is affecting roku and chromecast streaming of mkv files and ending the playback a minute or so before the end. There are a number of forum threads on this

Until a fix is released, you can downgrade to the public release 1.9.6.4429 available from https://plex.tv/downloads

On windows to downgrade, you must uninstall 1.9.7.4441 through control panel / add or remove programs before installing 1.9.6.4429

For me it's not only streams of MKV files that show this behavior.

Thanks for the feedback, I believe it is whenever the media needs to be transcoded


#20

Just adding my datapoint: Seeing the same issue similar to described by OP. Reverting to plexmediaserver_1.9.6.4385-ef7796e43_amd64.deb, which did not have this issue.