500 Internal Server Error when Linking Alexa to Plex

alexa
voice-control

Hi,

I'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error when i link my alexa to plex - could I check why this is the case? It's worked before

Thanks,
Chang

Same with me...it is the first time I tried to set up Plex with Alex though

Same with me :neutral:

Same with me. It's worked before. I had disabled the app attempting to get the app to discover my OpenPHT player, but when I re-enabled the app and tried to re-link my Plex account in the Alexa app, I got the 500 error. Very frustrating.

Same with me :'(

Please fix!!

Getting the 500 error when linking the account for the first time. Using a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and the Amazon Tap with voice option selected.

Main reason I got an echo was for this and really bummed I haven't been able to link it up to plex since I have had it!

same problem here, 502 according to the network inspector

Same here. Synopsis of my attempt(s); Tried my Android phone, then my Mac (Safari browser), then a PC (Chrome browser). Each time I start in Alexa app (or website alexa.amazon.com) and select the installed skill and click the button to activate/link. That opens Plex website login and I log in there successfully. It is in Plex when I am prompted and click the "authorize" button to changes to an error page "Oops; a 500 error...". Today was my first attempt trying this and I look forward to seeing it work, it will be a very valuable capability for our home - Hope to see Plex get this fixed soon please.

Same here. 500 server issue is on Plex side and not a user problem. Please fix ASAP or I'll cancel my premium membership.

I'm getting the same error here. Tried via the Amazon Alexa app and web site. Get a 502 response.

Same here. Please fix this Plex!!

Same here for almost 4 days already !!!

Same here! What's going on?

Same here...

from the sound of things... There's an issue...

Hi,

It finally worked for me.
not sure I did anything different from previous times.
It worked from Alexa iOS app but I am pretty sure I tried it before

Not sure if this is related or not: I'm able to link Alexa and Plex - installing the Plex Skill seems to work, authorizes Plex works, etc. - and Alexa identifies my servers... But then when I try to get Alexa to find or play Plex content, it says, "Your Plex Server does not meet the minimum requirements." It was working a few weeks ago; I don't know what's changed.

@lukecro said:
Not sure if this is related or not: I'm able to link Alexa and Plex - installing the Plex Skill seems to work, authorizes Plex works, etc. - and Alexa identifies my servers... But then when I try to get Alexa to find or play Plex content, it says, "Your Plex Server does not meet the minimum requirements." It was working a few weeks ago; I don't know what's changed.

Same here but if you look at the details on the Alexa skill page the Plex server requirements have increases - well have to upgrade
Does it ineed a Plex server upgrade - mine now links but says Alex says it doesn't meet the minmum requrements - I'm on server 1.3.4.3285

"server versions older than v1.5.1 are deprecated"

@lukecro said:

Same here but if you look at the details on the Alexa skill page the Plex server requirements have increases - well have to upgrade
I'm on server 1.3.4.3285

"server versions older than v1.5.1 are deprecated"

mine is working now i have upgraded