A problem has been detected with a core component of Plex Media Server

server-seagate

Seagate personal Cloud 4TB model STCR40000101

New to Plex. Installed it on Seagate Personal Cloud, via manual, and it worked for ~ 2 weeks. When I enabled external access, it continued to crash. I did a factory reset of the NAS. Using the current build for Seagate, com.plex.plexmediaserver-1.10.1.4602-f54242b6b-armv7 (1).rbw.

Server software installs, but continues to return the "A problem has been detected with a core component of Plex Media Server"

I have attached the server logs. Any help.

I have the exact same issue.

Better than me, kinda - I can’t get the damn thing to work at all! Installed plex app on the NAS (5tb version pf personal cloud), did a manual update and installed the plex app on the TV. Plex can see the server but I can’t add anything to the library

@“andy.hills@mail.com” said:
Better than me, kinda - I can’t get the damn thing to work at all! Installed plex app on the NAS (5tb version pf personal cloud), did a manual update and installed the plex app on the TV. Plex can see the server but I can’t add anything to the library

what version of Plex Media Server ?
what NAS model
Could you get screenshot of the error after restart of the server ?
and can you get access to the server logs?
See this article for location of local app data for the server
https://support.plex.tv/articles/202915258-where-is-the-plex-media-server-data-directory-located/
and look for the Logs folder and PMS Plugin Logs subdirectory and copy out and zip and attach with screenshots

@sa2000 said:

@“andy.hills@mail.com” said:

what version of Plex Media Server ? Version 1.11.3.4803
what NAS model Seagate personal cloud, 4TB
Could you get screenshot of the error after restart of the server ?
and can you get access to the server logs?
See this article for location of local app data for the server
https://support.plex.tv/articles/202915258-where-is-the-plex-media-server-data-directory-located/
and look for the Logs folder and PMS Plugin Logs subdirectory and copy out and zip and attach with screenshots

what version of Plex Media Server ? Version 1.11.3.4803
what NAS model? Seagate personal cloud, 4TB

It seems to connect just fine but when I go to ‘add library’ and select the folder it won’t save.

Hmm, belay my last - I’ve just tried again and it seems to have worked. The only difference is that I didn’t change where it asked for a name, before I changed the default from ‘films’ to ‘Movies’, this time I left it as ‘films’ and it’s saved just fine. So user error I guess!

@Loofah said:
Hmm, belay my last - I’ve just tried again and it seems to have worked. The only difference is that I didn’t change where it asked for a name, before I changed the default from ‘films’ to ‘Movies’, this time I left it as ‘films’ and it’s saved just fine. So user error I guess!

If you were getting the core component error then that could be just timing where the python processes for the agents did not run and become available in time when you were creating the library

Either way I’m happy this turned out to be nothing!