Add options to the 'Play File' dialog

aeon-nox

Hi guys,

I've just discovered the 'Play File' dialog for the main menu in Aeon Nox.

Having gone into the settings I can see a few options for picking a location, but none of those are my USB drive.

How do I add that as an option?

(The idea being that when I have people round, if they want to bring a film on USB, we can tell openPHT to play it without adding it to the library.)

Cheers.

@alan.shenton said:
Hi guys,

I’ve just discovered the ‘Play File’ dialog for the main menu in Aeon Nox.

Having gone into the settings I can see a few options for picking a location, but none of those are my USB drive.

How do I add that as an option?

In OpenPHT 1.7 something much better than the Play File option has been added (I’ve never been a fan of “Play File”). The next version of Aeon Nox already has support for it, and I think it’ll meet your needs as described above.

Ooh…! I wait it’s release with baited breath!

In the meantime, my friends with have to bring actual discs round :slight_smile:

Until the official release there is both a “prerelease” version of OpenPHT 1.7 available, and a BETA of the next Nox 5.3.0 which has the file manager available. And I have to apologize, it appears that USB drives aren’t working in the new file manager yet (I wasn’t aware when I wrote my previous post to you). That’s on the OpenPHT end rather than the skin end, however.

Ah darn! I think the USB feature is the only thing I need. Oh well, I can wait until OpenPHT gets it working :slight_smile: