Adding or Renaming Home Screen Selections

pht-skin-dev

How to add or change the name of the Movies folder to have playlists
My movie library has become a bit to large for my wife to navigate, so I would like to add a group of movies that she likes to the home screen labeled "Chick flicks" or something. Also it would be nice to have another home screen selection for when guests come over that doesn't include everything in my library. All my buddies don't need to know how many chick flicks I have on this thing. Is this possible? Kind of like a Movie playlist beyond the typical genre or actor or year that is included with the "watch your movies" tab.

I know this is going to be a feature of 0.9, but is there a way to get it up and running before that in 0.8.5?

[quote name='tomace' date='11 August 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1281542267' post='92644']

My movie library has become a bit to large for my wife to navigate, so I would like to add a group of movies that she likes to the home screen labeled "Chick flicks" or something. Also it would be nice to have another home screen selection for when guests come over that doesn't include everything in my library. All my buddies don't need to know how many chick flicks I have on this thing. Is this possible? Kind of like a Movie playlist beyond the typical genre or actor or year that is included with the "watch your movies" tab.

[/quote]

You might be best waiting until /9 to be honest. You could put all of the 'chick flicks' in a different section to your other stuff.

I believe being able to at least password protect sections (perhaps also the ability to hide them) is roadmapped for a future /9 or 1.0 release, but I wouldn't expect to see them in the first release (Although, you might be able to change something manually to hide the section, or store it on a separate computer, turning Plex Media Server on/off on that computer to show/hide it).

There is no set release date on the first /9 Alpha as of yet, although it should be coming soon.

Hope this helps. In the case of wanting something right now, I can't really think of a good way of doing it without a load of messing around, and it probably would require too much work showing/hiding (or setting up scripts).

I suppose that is useful information. I am really looking forward to .9 and this feature just heightens my expectations. I won't bother with separating anything as of yet. I have Delicious Library that has been managing my movies, but I hate to have to maintain 2 lists. Plex does a much better job because it actually plays files and it automatically adds new stuff. But the play list feature is great in DL, so I keep it around.

Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.

Now that I have gotten a chance to play with 9 extensively (loving the media manager btw) I am still wondering if there are ways to create playlists of movies. Rather than having to move files around, just to be able to move a short cut of the movie to another folder so i can have the same movies in different folders. What do you think guys? Is this on your radar?

Some add on regarding Localization

I have translated MediaStream skin to Russian.. made some add on to the system language file (it actually shorter than the English one :))

but there is an issue - for example if I have created new movie library and named it in Russian lets say - "Мульфильмы", then when I move into this library within the Plex I see following - "All Мульфильмы" :blink: - looks a bit silly for russian speaking person, and the following strings - "By Genre", "By year" etc are untranslatable at all.. I didn't find the strings anywhere in the application resources. I guess this is in the code ? Dont think this is the right way :angry: .

I don't know, probably this is question to Elan - is there any way to fix it ?

thanks

Andrey

You might want to try confluence or sone other skin as I think media stream still has lots of code needed to run on old xboxes, iirc.