Aeon NOX 5.3.2 focus first library at start up

aeon-nox

Hi Guys,

When i start OPHT 1.7.1 with Aeon NOX 5.3.2 always channels is focused. I would like to have the first library focused?

And some of my movies have Rotten Tomato others IMDB ratings. Is there a way to prefer one of it?

to the first question: no unfortunately, its not a skin thing, its a openpht/plex thing - cant choose the default library on startup

if its showing IMDB rating instead of RT on some, it should mean that in your plex library it doesnt have a RT rating for that that movie, only IMDB.

@daniel.cull said:
to the first question: no unfortunately, its not a skin thing, its a openpht/plex thing - cant choose the default library on startup

Why is it working with other skins then, like Black Edition?

if its showing IMDB rating instead of RT on some, it should mean that in your plex library it doesnt have a RT rating for that that movie, only IMDB.

Thanks for the answer

@Jack_77 said:

@daniel.cull said:

Why is it working with other skins then, like Black Edition?

where in plex black edition does it let you select a library to show on startup?

No. It starts focused with first library in alphabetical order by default.

Intentionally setting the focus in the home to a specific thing is 100% impossible. Black Editon does not do this.

You’re misunderstanding what is happening.

It is hard coded in OpenPHT to focus on “Search” at startup. This is leftover from the PHT days, as this is how Plex, Inc. harded PHT. My suspicion is that “Search” was chosen for the default home menu focus by Plex, Inc. to give the On Deck / Recently Added stuff time to populate. Since it is hard coded to expect “Search” to exist on the home menu and focus to that upon startup, things get erratic when “Search” is disabled (or moved elsewhere – amounts to the same thing). A very wide variety of factors influence what gets chosen as the alternative to “Search” to focus. Whether or not the home menu is wrapped affects it. What extra items exist in the non-library items in the homemenu (Watch Later, etc.) affects it. Changing skin settings (and OpenPHT settings) affects what is focussed at startup (in an uncontrolled way).

Black Edition in no way is “choosing” to set focus to the first library. Changing the home menu options in Black Edition’s skin settings WILL affect what item is focussed at startup. With the default settings, search is not present in the home menu (but instead in the submenu) so OpenPHT can’t focus on Search at startup. On my desktop install of OpenPHT if I change the home menu to wrapped in the skin settings, Black Edition will focus on a different library at start up than with that setting turned off. I can likewise choose other settings in Black Edition’s skin settings (and the OpenPHT settings) to bump around the item selected at startup.

I’d be all for forcing the 1st library to always be focused. But as is, it’s not possible at a skinning level. OpenPHT would be need to be changed to do this.