All plugs - Installation failed

server-mac

Unable to install any plugs...
I'm hoping this is not just just me being a newb with understanding exactly how the plex media server works and all... but

I am unable to install any plugins at all. Ted seemed to install ok @ initial installation (and works) but now when I go to install anything else, I get an error :

Installation failed

xxxxx couldn't be installed.

Please check the log for more details.

1. Where is the log... I've looked inside the package, and in the /user/library/application support/plex folder... no luck

2. What else could be causing this error.

I hope its a bug, else I would be quite embarrassed.

Just going to try install plex .9 on my laptop as well rather than just the mac mini media center...

Cheers, Brendan.

The log we would need is found in ~/Library/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.system.log

I'm seing the same. Trying to install Apple Movie Trailers, the log ends up with:

2010-08-31 11:30:24,698 : INFO (installservice) - Unable to download archive for com.plexapp.plugins.amt

Servers down/overloaded?

Please let me know, if you still need the full log.

[quote name='jayman978' date='31 August 2010 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1283246871' post='94740']

The log we would need is found in ~/Library/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.system.log

[/quote]

EDIT : sorry, I'm blind today. Found it. Having a look now...

Thanks for the quick response - I really didn't expect help for such a mundane request so quickly! :)

B.

[quote name='jayman978' date='31 August 2010 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1283246871' post='94740']

[/quote]

Right - had a good look through. Getting a lot of "CRITICAL (core) - Exception errors... with final lines often being

URLError :

Would it be easier if I sent the logs to you direct (is there an ftp server for this, or should Iemail someone directly?)

Cheers!

Brendan.

I think the Plex online server is simply down due to the probably quite large amounts of people currently toying around with everything.. :) I can't get to download anything as well.

See Twitter status: http://twitter.com/plexapp/status/22602359226

[quote name='colony nofi' date='31 August 2010 - 05:44 AM' timestamp='1283247855' post='94774']

Right - had a good look through. Getting a lot of "CRITICAL (core) - Exception errors... with final lines often being

URLError :

Would it be easier if I sent the logs to you direct (is there an ftp server for this, or should Iemail someone directly?)

Cheers!

Brendan.

[/quote]

either zip the file and post or paste the content of the file to pastebin.com and post the link here.

Does look like the server might just be on fire, but here's my log from a failed installation of the BBC iPlayer plugin - just in case it is a bug:

http://pastebin.com/rwJSAXXt

EDIT: I'll stop downloading trying to download plugins for a while, to give the server a wee rest. :P

[quote name='jayman978' date='31 August 2010 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1283249538' post='94815']

either zip the file and post or paste the content of the file to pastebin.com and post the link here.

[/quote]

Will do - just tried it on my laptop, and had the same problem. Even tried using a different internet connection.

I'll send the log shortly - I'll send the small one from my laptop with just the one request in it... clean install, with nothing else done in the program at all.

I'm beginning to suspect servers being clogged as well.

Cheers, and thanks Brendan.

Here's my log...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/720961/com.plexapp.log.appinstallprobs.zip

Reading thru logs further, I'm seeing this line a fair bit...

2010-08-31 21:13:55,556 : INFO (installservice) - Unable to download archive for com.plexapp.plugins.netflix

(replace netflix with whichever app I try...)

Friend just tried this around the corner (about 1km away, but still here in sydney) and he is having the same problems as I am.

Cheers, b.

Will check back tomorrow - have seen no change in the behavior tonight.

However, I noticed one thing in the difference between installations on my mac mini and macbook pro... both 10.6

On the mac mini (installed first), TED talks WAS installed @ initial setup stage. I selected all the apps, but this is the only one to be installed.

On the macbook pro, installed perhaps an hour or so later, none of the apps were installed - again, after selecting all of them to be included in the installation.

I'm not sure if this adds anything or not...

Is anyone ABLE to successfully install plugs? Is the issue location based (I'm in sydney, australia)

Cheers, Brendan.

Partially solved. Can install apps this morning.

But now, all new installed apps are not seen on my ios plex app. Only apps selected when I ran the initial setup wizard on PMS on my mac.

Tested on 2 macs, 2 IOS devices.

See message in IOS section, as really - the original topic is now working.

Cheers, Brendan.