Amazon App store 9 releases/2 months behind?

android-tv
fire-tv

I know it can be downloaded elsewhere but anyone know why the Amazon app store hasn't been updated since 6.15.2 on 3/30?

I guess with all the bad reviews Amazon decided to hold it back due to QA testings? could be wrong, though.
but plex has really taken the wrong road with the fireTV clients, unfortunately. they are buggy as hell. so sad. I have even cancelled my subscription and I am now happy with emby.

The Amazon approval process is longer than Google's. Apparently it can take a couple of weeks before an update is available. This has been mentioned in other threads by the Ninjas & Employees (not just me making it up).

If you've a Plex Pass, you can download the latest version and sideload it. The links are in the Plex for Android release announcements: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/60585/plex-for-android#latest

Use the "Amazon Fire OS Devices" link. The "Amazon App Store" link is for non-Fire OS devices. Don't use the Google links either. Due to Amazon's Android customizations, the Google store versions will either not run or have issues (crash, etc) on FireOS devices.

FYI, Plex client 7.0.3 is now on the Amazon app store.

@FordGuy61 said:
FYI, Plex client 7.0.3 is now on the Amazon app store.

DO NOT INSTALL IT. IT IS JUST AS MESSY AS THE PREVIOUS ONES! stay on 6.12!