Amazon Echo Help

alexa
voice-control

Plex was working as of 11/13/17 with echo dot just fine. Now as of 11/14/17 echo dot say oh no something went wrong sending info to plex. Plex works in home from one computer to other player. Remote access is turned on with port forwad set as it always has been. updated plex to newest version. Whats wrong? Havent changed any settings and was working fine. could post a log file but not sure what one to post off all the logs it gave me. Help!

Have you tried to unlink and relink the skill?

yes three times today. didnt help

I check and reset router and firewall to port 32400. Unlinked skill and relinked a few times. When i ask echo to open plex its say well to plex what do you want to do. I ask it to play media and then says "Uh Oh something went wrong i alerted the plex team so they can take a look" I can stream media from my server computer to my other computers in the house with the player. But still cant get amazon echo to start the media like it did 2 days ago. Wonder if it has something to do with the Tuesday windows update? Any one else have this issue?

Yeah I have heard that same error before and unfortunately I believe it cleared on its own as my remote access is always available. I just tested 2 seconds ago and my echo can see all my players and can play/pause and start new content so its not a bigger issue just something hosed up on your side.

I would leave it as is overnight and I would assume it will clear on its own.

Yes, Im getting just the same issue and my server is on Ubuntu. Ive unlinked and relinked, to no avail. It's a bit frustrating.

We released the ability to play music on device on Tuesday (the 14th). With it came some edge cases that are breaking the experience. We've got a hotfix in the works and it should be out soon.

Oh good hope the fix comes out soon then. In a new sever update? Because i had tried everything even repair of the installed server. Was about to uninstall after saving backups of reg and the data files. I will wait till the fix comes out and see what happens. At least i can still watch videos and music from server to my other computers and such. Just the amazon echo part don't work. Smile hope you get it patched soon than you.

~~~This will be a hotfix to the cloud service. I just deployed it so the cluster should roll over to the new version shortly.~~~ An issue arose after the fix was deployed. It's been rolled out temporarily.

Hotfix is deployed. Please let me know if your issue persists.

Well amazon echo does now respond when i tell it to play videos on my selected player. Can change selected player to which computer i wish it to play on so that works great. However when i have the primary player set to my computer that's hook to my stereo for sound and i tell plex to play a music mp3 file it does play but comes through the echo speaker not the computer. I don't see a listing for changing it to play though the computer player. And no device player listed as amazon echo as a default player. what am i missing? I had it set to play my music through the computer player so it plays on my whole house stereo. Any way to make it not play through the echo and back to the computer for music files. Movies play through the stereo just fine just the mp3 music files don't. Help wanting to know.

I’ve got an issue with the wrong artist being played, for example

I requested Nine Horses and Alexa recognised that but
the Plex skill saw it as The Stone Roses.

Ive tried, “Tell Plex to play artist Nine Horses” and “Tell Plex to play Nine Horses”.

Nine Horses are in my library and can be found OK with a text search

@vanstinator said:

Well amazon echo does now respond when i tell it to play videos on my selected player. Can change selected player to which computer i wish it to play on so that works great. However when i have the primary player set to my computer that's hook to my stereo for sound and i tell plex to play a music mp3 file it does play but comes through the echo speaker not the computer. I don't see a listing for changing it to play though the computer player. And no device player listed as amazon echo as a default player. what am i missing? I had it set to play my music through the computer player so it plays on my whole house stereo. Any way to make it not play through the echo and back to the computer for music files. Movies play through the stereo just fine just the mp3 music files don't. Help wanting to know.

@yesternow said:

Ive tried, “Tell Plex to play artist Nine Horses” and “Tell Plex to play Nine Horses”.

Well you posted this in wrong area and does not have to do with my issue, Smile But have you checked all the info on the album and artist section to make sure they are listed correctly? Best i can say on that issue, Sorry

@TrinityMa said:

Audio will always default to the echo device. The default player only applies to video content now. We did preserve the ability to cast audio to other players. You can say ask plex to play the artist skillet on chrome for instance to cast audio.

@TrinityMa said:

@yesternow said:

Well you posted this in wrong area and does not have to do with my issue, Smile But have you checked all the info on the album and artist section to make sure they are listed correctly? Best i can say on that issue, Sorry

Obviously it’s not that. I’ll do a new post.

"vanstinator Plex Voice Control Posts: 679Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee"
"Audio will always default to the echo device. The default player only applies to video content now. We did preserve the ability to cast audio to other players. You can say ask plex to play the artist skillet on chrome for instance to cast audio."

Ok i see. Well at least the amazon echo skill is working now. I worked around my issue by adding a Bluetooth
TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter / Receiver to the stereo and pair with echo. Now the echo sends the audio to my whole house stereo. All better. Thank you.

Awesome idea!

@vanstinator said:

I, too, am having issues with Alexa and Plex. It was working fine for months. Guessing this update broke it for me. Where do I find this "hotfix"? It shows my server is up to date 1.9.6.4429

Thanks
BP

@wdpaynter The hotfix was deployed on the Plex side and required no intervention on the users side.

If you still have issues I'd suggest you try to re link the skill and if you still have issues start a thread so we can address your issue independently.