BDP-S370 Profile

server-dlna

Hi,

I really like Plex and i'm trying to make my BD player to like it too :).
I have a problem with displaying mkvs/avis (some of them avi) files on the player. The player error message is: "No playable files".

The server profile (the one that comes with PMS) does not work at all on this player (for any movie). I've managed to read all the topics in the forum ( :) - not quite) and to get a profile working for most of the movie files, but i'm still having trouble with mkvs and some avis.

Here's my curent profile:

Microsoft Corporation
      Windows Media Player Sharing

The problem i think is with section. I've googled a lot and didn't find anything related with PN names, how it works, how to remap it, why, etc..

Do you think you can add this working profile in the next build (maybe a separate profile just for BDP-S370)? And also, make it so it can read mkvs and avis? Or at least help me find out where is the problem...

Hi,

I also have this player (European version - which has native DivX support). 

I have recently upgraded to Version 0.9.8.6.175 of PMS and found that my 2010 Sony TV now works rather nicely over DLNA (nice work!!!).

Sadly my Blu-ray player does not. With the DLNA profile supplied only a few of the hundred of video files I have stored are listed and playable (predominately DivX).

Does anyone have a successful profile for this model? All help gratefully received.

I have the BDP-S370 and this profile didn't work for me.  The player didn't even detect the server.  I used the profile from:

https://forums.plex.tv/topic/52625-sony-bdp-blu-ray-profile/

From post #13.  

However, no media files were playable.  Did a recent firmware update break your DLNA?  I'm using PMC for OSX and the US version of the S370.  I verified that the correct profile is being used via the logs.  This player has given me nothing but problems with DLNA.  

Body is 7 characters too short.