I have a BT Home Hub 4 router and a Chromecast v2 but can't play content via the browser (Chrome). Steps to recreate issue
- Open Plex Web app
- Click cast icon and select chromecast (Plex logo + 'ready to cast' now appears on the TV)
- Try to play any media and web app will just display spinning loading icon and TV will remain on 'ready to cast'
Using a mobile device to initiate playback works fine.
I know it's something to do with the BT Home Hub as my previous router (Sky Hub) worked without issues. I also have experienced the exact same issue with a Home Hub 5 and Chromecast v1 at a relatives. Using the desktop app (windows) also has the same issue.
Things I've tried:
- Turning off 'Smart Setup' on the hub
- Turning off UPnP on the hub
- Splitting wireless channels into separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz