BUG LG App will not stay connected to server

smart-tv

There seems to be an issue with the app for LG Smart TV maintaining it's connection to the server. Since the last server software upgrade, I need to 'sign-in' every time I turn on the TV via plex.tv/link

TV Info - LG Model 60LA7400-UA, SW Version 05.09.09, SDK ver 03.04

Plex Media Server - 1.7.5.4035

approximate time 7:48am attempted to connect from TV to Server, 7:51 entered 4 digit link code via plex.tv/link

@Cokokopelli said:
There seems to be an issue with the app for LG Smart TV maintaining it's connection to the server. Since the last server software upgrade, I need to 'sign-in' every time I turn on the TV via plex.tv/link

TV Info - LG Model 60LA7400-UA, SW Version 05.09.09, SDK ver 03.04

Plex Media Server - 1.7.5.4035

approximate time 7:48am attempted to connect from TV to Server, 7:51 entered 4 digit link code via plex.tv/link

Can you check if your Tv app has the server address still in it's settings. Also try restarting your TV from the wall.

I couldn't find anywhere in the tv app that had the server address.

I tried restarting the TV with the button on the tv, no luck, tried unplugging the TV, deleted and re-installed the app. Every time I try to launch the app, I still need to re-link the account.

still not able to keep the account linked when using the TV. Signed out and back into Plex on PMS, caused me to reconnect from all other devices, they stay connected, except the TV.

This is ridiculous, every few months this happens and it takes almost a week of rebooting, resetting, initializing and re-installing before I can get things connected again. It's basically doing the same thing now, except it wont accept the 4 digit link code. I enter it on the Web Page, and it says invalid, although I'm looking right at it on the TV screen. If I go to refresh the TV and get a new code, it just sits one 4 little square boxes and will not give a new code. I have to then delete the app and reinstall it.