Bugs report - Plex Player 3.2.2 for Samsung TVs (2016+) with Plex Server 1.11.3

smart-tv

• Forwards and backwards from remote control doesn't work properly, only from buttons of the player interface;
  • Subtitle position now it's too rised on screen, there should be an option regarding this, or lower the subtitles like before update;
  • 4K movie files not able to play properly, there are display artifacts at rendering, or buffering appears constantly, usually when video it's played with external subtitles.

If Plex team will fix this, I'll get the Plex Pass without a glimpse.

@softerist said:
- 4K movie files not able to play properly, there are display artifacts at rendering, or buffering appears constantly;

I have exactly the same problem.

I have 2 Samsung SmartTVs:
- UE55JS8000 with Plex 2.009 (<2015 model)
- UE75KS8000 with Plex 3.2.2 (>2016 model)

They are both locally connected to the same PMS running on my server.

If I play a 4K HEVC H.265 (65mbps bitrate) + DTS-HD MA video, I get Direct Play and no buffering on the older model
If I play the same file on the newer model with Plex 3.2.2 I get transcoding on the audio file to AAC (?) and I get constant buffering screens each 10-15 seconds.

The server has a Xeon E5-2560v4 (8c/16t) with 32GB ECC DDR4 so the bufferings cuts cannot be due to poor CPU power.

Check the actual network transfer rate when playing the files. I've found some 4k files play smoothly over plex dlna with 70mbps throughput, but playing the same file with direct play and all qualities to original through the plex app the network won't go above 20mbps