Can you make a skill that instead of controlling media plays the media(audio only) on the amazonecho

alexa
voice-control

Can you make a skill that instead of controlling media plays the media(audio only) on the amazon echo

I "think" it is currently impossible. I also believe it, or things substantially like it, have been requested ever since the Plex skill was introduced.

I abandoned using the Plex skill some time ago due to its extreme flakiness and almost total inability to consistently respond correctly to spoken commands. However if Plex could selectively play audio only files through my Echo while continuing to play videos through my entertainment system.

I realize that may well be impossible BUT I would really welcome that skill. I would even say that I "think" it should be somewhat possible using a "Play to" system that Plex already has built in if the Echo could be used as a playback device for Plex.

The ability to say something like: "Alexa play 'Foundation and Empire' audiobook to Echo" and have the selected book start playing on my echo would be most welcome and, assuming it worked OK, could well draw me back to using the Plex skill for at least some things.

But that is probably a very empty hope as the developer(s) seems to have reached or exceeded his/her/their abilities and the last time I checked it had not improved since I stopped using it.