Cannot change font size

samsung-smart-hub

Hello, 

I have updated the plex app today and I cannot change the font size. I select a bigger font in preferences but the font does not change size, the subtitle appears higher in the screen but at the smaller size. I have tried to restart the app and turn off the TV with no positive result.

Any ideas?

If it appears higher when you do it, then maybe you are confused between the subtitle position and subtitle font?

You can only affect the subtitles that are played by the app, when your movie is transcoding the server is burning the subtitle into the movie.

You can only affect the subtitles that are played by the app, when your movie is transcoding the server is burning the subtitle into the movie.

But in the previous version of the app I could regulate the size. In fact, in my BR player with the previous version the fonts are bigger. I have adjusted the same configuration in preferences on the other TV, but it's not working, so either is a bug or I am doing something wrong. My configuration of the streaming is auto and I stream separated .mkv and .srt files.

Hmm, external srt should work. Push the green button while a movie is playing, then you can set it the way you want. Don't forget to save the settings when you are done.

Many thanks for your help!

The tiny fonts are unreadable and make it impossible to use plex without walking up to the television.

This is true in main family TV. And especially true on bedroom TV, where its purpose is to fall asleep, not walk up every commercial to surf.

Not true on Netflix, and most other roku channels.