Cannot skip ahead in video

roku

Until yesterday, I could use my Roku to skip ahead abut 30 seconds. Is that functionality gone?

@moreofless said:
Until yesterday, I could use my Roku to skip ahead abut 30 seconds. Is that functionality gone?

Gone - history - deemed unnecessary - user fluff - does nobody, no good.

You can get it back, but you have to use your Plex Phone App and cast to your Roku.
You have to use your Plex Phone App to control the new PMP - so I guess it’s a good thing you have that Plex Phone App.
(Note: this will change once Plex finds out and removes necessary functions from the Plex Phone App - work around for that is pending)

That sucks, I used it regularly.

I also used it regularly to skip opening titles on TV shows. It’s a big loss for me.

I assume you are talking about a skip using the FF button. That is gone if it was ever there which I cannot say for sure because I never used it. Whenever I choose to move forward by a small amount I use the right arrow followed by OK. That moves me forward by about 30 seconds and starts playback. That is what you are asking for is it not?

@Elijah_Baley said:
I assume you are talking about a skip using the FF button. That is gone if it was ever there which I cannot say for sure because I never used it. Whenever I choose to move forward by a small amount I use the right arrow followed by OK. That moves me forward by about 30 seconds and starts playback. That is what you are asking for is it not?

That’s it - and it’s gone. The FF 30 sec. function has been completely stripped and redesigned.

30 seconds was just enough to skip the opening of - say - South Park. When you get on a roll and start watching 10 episodes that Primus tune (for the 5th time) kinda gets old. You got the opening text, then a 30 second theme song. You let the text roll for few seconds then hit FF once and boom - you’re right at the slide guitar transition audio and into the show.

When you start binge watching shows that have those long opens - and you’ve seen it a dozen times you can FF a few times and it’s over.

No more…

Now you have to hunt through the thumbnails - if you have them (may Gawd have mercy on your soul if you don’t), and try to find where the open ends and the show begins - AND THIS IS NOW BY DESIGN!

If there’s a way for Plex to ruin the user experience - know that they will go out of their way to do it.
Clearly Plex Developers don’t use Plex and if they do they sure as HELL don’t use it the way users do - and they aren’t interested in finding out. Plex does what Plex wants to, when they want to and users can deal with it, or take a hike.

The Roku app stood at the apex of all other Plex Apps once. It’s almost like they had to dumb it down to be more in line with the other unmitigated disasters so there could be more ‘Parity’ - a goal Plex has had their eye on for a long time.

Well guess what, Plex - you get closer every day to that ‘Parity’ you’re after. The Roku app went from on top to down in the smoke overnight.

Really disappointed in this change to remote functionality.
Please bring back 30 second skip or explain reason to change this

Agree with all you guys about Plex / Roku removing the 30 second skip. I have 3 other friends that are all as pissed about it’s removal. It’s too hard to have to sit through 90 seconds of Homeland’s intro for example. Not sure what the developers were thinking.

Easy - they weren’t (thinking).

Plex Developers don’t use Plex - 'cause if they did they’d know what a bonehead move that was.