Can't interrupt auto play next

chromecast

Does anyone else have a problem with not being able to cancel out of the auto play next when it starts counting?

if I catch it before the auto-next play option comes up I can hit stop and it works, but once it starts counting I can't cancel it until it starts playing the next episode. Then I have to go into notifications on my Android device, click on the Plex episode and click stop.

So is anyone else seeing this?

Yeah I have to disconnect my chromecast to make it stop, also disabling auto play doesn't work. I really hate the post play screen.

I have the same problem, and no way to prevent it from happening in the first place.

I have this problem too. Ideally I'd like to completely disable autoplay.

+1 on this...have to jump through hoops to stop the next episode from playing.
Ideally I'd like to completely disable autoplay.

I think this is a bug only regarding the chromecast, the "disable auto play option" does work on my system with a nvidia shield, but not with my chromecasts.

Can you confirm that it is only with chromecast this is happening?

the web client doesn't behave in this manner, neither does the android client.
Can't test my PS3.

so it does look like it is Chromecast only, although some ppl are complaining about the Roku client misbehaving. Haven't got one - cant verify.

so, can we somehow file a bug report on this ?

Yeah I wish I knew how....

@tstaels said:

a report for it to be looked into has already been filed.

Also I've noted that on my Android tablet I have auto-play disabled, yet it still does it.

@BigWheel said:

@tstaels said:

Hi, it's been more than 6 weeks now. How is the progress coming along with this bug? Many others have this problem.

Same for me.. Disabled in app and not recognized by chromecast (new version). Makes the watched/unwatched feature redundant as I always have to read through episode descriptions and sometimes even get spoiled...

@BigWheel any updates on this please?

Bump. Happens to me with the Android client while casting too. Apparently downgrading to 4.25.2 fixes the issue.

@liv2drv said:
Bump. Happens to me with the Android client while casting too. Apparently downgrading to 4.25.2 fixes the issue.

Probably because that version is without the post play screen.

Very annoying!

perhaps it will get fixed for Xmas ?

Christmas 2017 maybe, if you're lucky....

@BigWheel said:

@tstaels said:

@BigWheel Could you please link to the bug report so we can follow the status?