Can't Open Plex and Don't Know How to Fix It...Be Gentle With Me...

server-mac

Have had Plex for about three years now and it's worked pretty much flawlessly.

This last week I had to restore my iMac from a back-up. That went well, however now Plex doesn't work.

So - I deleted the program and did a re-install. Seems to download fine but won't open...

When I try to open it it'll make a quick little jump but won't actually open.

I've searched thru this forum and found a good deal of info that I really don't understand. Can someone walk me thru all this like I'm a 7 year old? Actually a 7 year old could probably do this

@myrtledog said:
Have had Plex for about three years now and it's worked pretty much flawlessly.

This last week I had to restore my iMac from a back-up. That went well, however now Plex doesn't work.

So - I deleted the program and did a re-install. Seems to download fine but won't open...

When I try to open it it'll make a quick little jump but won't actually open.

I've searched thru this forum and found a good deal of info that I really don't understand. Can someone walk me thru all this like I'm a 7 year old? Actually a 7 year old could probably do this

Ok, can you explain what you did to uninstall Plex Media Server.

I just dragged all the related files into trash... probably didn't actually delete?

@myrtledog said:
I just dragged all the related files into trash... probably didn't actually delete?

which ones please

Cache
Application support files
plist
Application, of cause....

Not sure what you're asking? Went into applications on the Mac, found Plex and dragged the file to trash...

@myrtledog said:
Not sure what you're asking? Went into applications on the Mac, found Plex and dragged the file to trash...

Good know where you went wrong

I want you to locate your "Option" Key on your keyboard. Firstly Shut down every app please

I sent you a message

Thanks Ron. You're the man!