Casting Plex Channel

chromecast

Has anyone been able to Cast a Plex Channel? I am able to Cast a movie using my android app and Plex Media Server. It gets to the point where it look like it is loading but gets stuck on 0:00. Thanks.

I'm seeing the same problem with channels. I've tried the NBC and CBS channel and the both just sit there acting like they are loading but never start playing.

Same here... I can cast any of my media, channels are stuck loading

CNN cast just fine but I had issues with CBS and a coupe of others.

Thanks for the response. Good to know I am not the only one having this problem. I was able to Cast the CNN channel. I will continue to test others, and post which ones work. Hopefully, we will see a fix for this issue soon.

I just noticed that this issue is not limited to the Android App. I get the same results Casting with Plex/Web.

I have the same issue with A&E and CBS...didn't really try any other channels or queue entries.

I have been able to get CNN, FOX, NFL, and Crackle to work. 

I have been having problems with the HockeyStreams channel.  Just perpetually loads.

BBC iplayer channel does not cast either.

I also cannot cast NBC or ABC

There is a similar post in the Android section where I posted a server log of a CBS show not casting.

https://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/90436-plexitqueue-and-chromecast-on-android/

The History Channel also works.    What I really want to be able to cast is WatchESPN....anyone know how?

Basically, a channel has to be able to Direct Play to work for sure.  Not a whole lot of sites support the necessary kind of stream, unfortunately.  I *think* other sites that use HLS or RTMP ought to be able to play with help from a Plex Media Server.  Beyond that, I don't think other kinds of streams are going to work for channels.

The one I found to work are crackle, Ted talks and the onion.

Not working BBC iplayer, ustream and YouTube (though as YouTube is castable anyway that one isn't exactly a problem)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk