Constant buffering on Xbox One

xbox-one

I have the ip address of the xbox listed properly on the LAN section of the network.
Port forwarding etc...
Other devices stream with no issue....
Please help us fix this or improve the Xbox one Plex app.

Hi Botnick. Do you mean other devices stream Plex with no issue, or other devices stream other things? In the event of the network working okay the most common cause of constant buffering is Plex Media Server struggling to transcode the content in a fast enough manner. Transcoding speed is almost purely based on the speed of the CPU in the computer running your Plex Media Server. You can check the Plex Media Server.log file to see if this is the cause of your problem - see https://support.plex.tv/articles/201575036-why-is-my-video-stream-buffering/ and scroll down to the Check the Transcoding Speed section.

Apologies Botnick I just consulted somebody about this and the buffering problem on Xbox One is a known issue and the team is currently looking into it.

hopefully they fix this soon been so frustrating. off topic would be great if they fixed subtitles to so that it doesent break HDR

Just stopping by to give everyone here an update. There was a fundamental platform issue that was identified and is currently holding up debugging the issue further. Microsoft is aware of the issue and hopefully a fix will be released to the insider preview within a few weeks.

@budwize said:
hopefully they fix this soon been so frustrating. off topic would be great if they fixed subtitles to so that it doesent break HDR

Text based subtitles should work with no issue as long as the app preference is not set to always burn in subtitles.
Image based subtitles however require being burned into the video stream. Once this happens the server needs to convert to H264 for streaming and for HDR HEVC is a requirement.

If the subtitles are image based transcoding is currently an expected behavior, but text based subtitles should be working without forced video transcoding. Now if you have something else forcing a video transcode such as bandwidth restrictions, that would automatically strip out the HDR as the stream will also be converted to H264. If you're able to provide more information at where things are going wrong we can try and diagnose the issue more.