CPU Pegged When Library Changes Detected

server-docker

Hello,

I recently re-installed Plex on new hardware and I’m noticing that when changes are detected to my library, my CPU gets pegged for a good 3-4 minutes and the Plex web app becomes almost completely unresponsive. I can repeat this reliably, even for something as small as adding “fan art” to one movie.

Details:
Plex Version: 1.13.0.5003
OS: Ubuntu 16.04 (Running in Docker - Couldn’t post this in the docker category for some reason)
Docker Image: linuxserver/plex

Hardware:
CPU: i7 4770k
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3h
Memory: 32GB
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 760 (Hardware acceleration enabled, but doesn’t seem to work…another issue for another time)

Steps to recreate:
I have 4 base folders (Movies, TV, Fitness, Instructional) that are each setup as their own library in Plex. Under each library, every movie/tv show/fitness series/ has it’s own folder and the media files live under that. (TV shows also have season folders.)

I have Plex setup to “Update my library automatically” and “Run a partial scan when changes are detected”. All other options are disabled, including “Analyze audio tracks for loudness” which I saw another issue for when it’s enabled.

Here is how the library is setup. I have noticed this seems to only happen with Movies. If I update the other 3 libraries, they don’t seem to cause any CPU issues.