Crashing on AFTV since 'update'

android-tv
fire-tv

Plex closed last night in the middle of watching a movie. since then i have noticed that continuous play appears to have been added when playing from 'on deck'. However plex crashed when it tries to play the next episode. I am getting the display showing what is going to play next, but then it crashes back to the login screen.

This is happening constantly on my Amazon Fire TV since the update.

Yeah, my AFTV Plex app will crash at the end of playing a show, and appears to be not playing the last few seconds of the media.

Also, how completely useless is the "Playing Next" screen? It doesn't even show the next episode of the series I was watching. Not helpful at all, ha. But that's another issue all together.

Plex: 4.29.1.7@61404c03 (2.7.5)
Android 5.1
Amazon Fire TV 2

Yep... same thing.

I can get an item started and it plays, but that whole 'autoplay' thing is entirely borked. Sometimes crashes to AFTV home, sometimes a warning about Plex stopping unexpectedly asking to send an anonymous report, sometimes a hang requiring an app reload.

S.N.A.F.U.

@horridwilting said:
Also, how completely useless is the "Playing Next" screen? It doesn't even show the next episode of the series I was watching. Not helpful at all, ha. But that's another issue all together.

Mine is showing the correct episode in the series since the update, but its not much use when it crashes whenever you try to play it.

Yea, I saw that too. When I updated the app the setting for autoplay was, of course, on and the crashes were frequent. Since I've turned autoplay off now, the crash went away, but other weird stuff continues.

I basically gave up on Plex through my AFTV and went over to my Roku - yesterday's brief encounter with Plex/AFTV only proved that this thing isn't quite ready for prime time.

I've not had any problems with the AFTV app for a while until this update. The frustrating thing is that the Auto Play function would be great if it worked.

same here on Amazon FireTV Stick.
Also it doesn't reminds settings, I have unchecked the "Play Next" Feature but it comes up always -.-

@macsnider said:
same here on Amazon FireTV Stick.
Also it doesn't reminds settings, I have unchecked the "Play Next" Feature but it comes up always -.-

The Play Next Screen is Nagware - it never goes away - but it doesn't autoplay if unchecked.... actually it never autoplays on Amazon products, but it does crash a lot.

Let me clarify:
On a Roku, if you uncheck autoplay you still get the Nagware, but it doesn't autoplay what it thinks is the next episode you should watch. If you check autoplay it plays the next episode it thinks you should watch - at least that's the rumor going around. I can't confirm it because I don't let Plex pick the material I watch, so that's been turned off since it showed up.

If you own an Amazon product - you're waiting for the fix.... but the Nagware never goes away. If you uncheck autoplay the crashing stops... but... the Nagware never goes away.

So what now? I have a crashing Plex App, testet on FireTV1 and FireTV Stick. I have to whait for a fix? How long? Twitter Support say "it's working for us in our tests" blabla >:P https://twitter.com/plex/status/760300609241088000

Better I buy a new Apple TV...

Hi guys. We are looking into the crash. Thanks for reporting.

In case that helps, this happens on amazon fire TV, plex version 4.29.1.7@61404c03 (2.7.5)

This FireTV update is guaranteed to crash when playing the "next" TV episode - it autocrashes on autoplay and if you manually play the "next" TV episode it still crashes. In short, "Play Next" is 100% broken for me regardless of what Plex's internal test cases are saying :-)

We've identified the cause of the crash and preparing a fix.

I too have been having this issues since the last Plex update on my FireTV Gen 1.

Thanks!

Is the fix out yet? This is quite annoying.

Not yet, but hopefully soon.

@MovieFan.Plex said:
Not yet, but hopefully soon.

Do you have a ETA on this fix? as the app is so frustrating to use in its current state.

Having the same problem where attempting to leave the "Play next" and trying to play any episode causes Plex to crash.
- Following

That's also a known issue.

Edit - Oops sorry. This is the same issue.