Crashing upon login using latest 11.4.1 beta

apple-tv

Last night when opening the app I was presented with my user selection screen as usual, but upon login the app would immediately crash. It took me a while to realize my AppleTV had auto-updated itself to the latest developer beta which I forgot that I had installed the beta profile.

If there's a way to maybe TestFlight a new beta build that would be great! I have applied for the tvOS beta version today... I already use the BuddyBuild versions on iOS, just not tvOS yet.

I was actually about to load the tvOS 12 beta build but I may hold off... I may even remove the beta altogether and reload from the current production release but if you need my logs or help testing what's causing the crash let me know!

I'm not sure if this is still true but at one point, Plex announced they were no longer supporting Plex releases on iOS/tvOS beta releases... Perhaps someone from Plex will confirm if this is still the case or not.

@darcilicious said:
I'm not sure if this is still true but at one point, Plex announced they were no longer supporting Plex releases on iOS/tvOS beta releases... Perhaps someone from Plex will confirm if this is still the case or not.

Gotcha ok. I'll wait for an update then and use my embedded box in the meantime.