Deleting Collection

plex-web

Has there been an easier way to delete a collection, other than removing the collect tag from each media?

Bill

Do you mean delete an entire library or just an item within a library? Also, how are you doing now?

Not sure if this is exactly what you’re asking, but did you know that you can remove the Collection tags from several items at once? I hope this is what you’re after:

1. Use the Filters to select the Collection you want to change.
  2. Click on the ‘Select’ sidebar button to remove the checkmark from it.
  3. Now you can click on each movie in the Collection to select all of them. (You an also use Shift+Click to select a range)
  4. Now click the ‘Edit’ sidebar button.
  5. In the Edit dialog, go to the Tags page and remove the Collection name from the Collections field.
  6. Click ‘Save Changes.’

Your movies are no longer part of the collection at this point. If you remove the Collections tag from every movie in the collection, the collection will no longer exist.

That's what I needed! The shift + click.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

I have an issue where every movie in my library seems to be its own (unwanted) collection. When I select the the collections filter it lists all of them as separate collections (with each of those collections containing only the one movie). However, if i go to edit the details of the movies none of them have anything in the collections field, so there's nothing to delete to get rid of the (unwanted) collections.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can delete all of those collections so that the collections filter is useful? As it is, the few collections that I create purposefully get lost in the list of countless collections - one for each movie I have in the library.

@ImTilted said:
I have an issue where every movie in my library seems to be its own (unwanted) collection. When I select the the collections filter it lists all of them as separate collections (with each of those collections containing only the one movie). However, if i go to edit the details of the movies none of them have anything in the collections field, so there's nothing to delete to get rid of the (unwanted) collections.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can delete all of those collections so that the collections filter is useful? As it is, the few collections that I create purposefully get lost in the list of countless collections - one for each movie I have in the library.

I'm not sure how to resolve that, but this should be a new thread in order to get more exposure (and to be polite).

The answer to removing the definition of collection (or, remove tag from database) is like this:

1. Logon as managing user to the web interface of your Plex server

2. Make sure you have selected "Allow media deletion" in Settings - Server - Library

3. Make sure you have removed all media from collection

4. Navigate to your library and choose "Collections" as a way to present your movies

5. From "Edit" menu of collection choose "Delete"

You can delete more than one collection in step 5 by selecting them using a circle on a collection poster and then use global menu for deleting.

That’s all folks!

Best regards
Mike

I see no option to “Delete” my collections even if I have “Allow media deletion” selected in my settings. If I remove the movies from the collection I want deleted, it will delete the collection…for a while. Then it will appear again later and I have to do the whole process over again. No idea why this is happening or how to get these collections from stop coming back.

Take note what it says at the top:
https://support.plex.tv/articles/201273953-collections/