Direct Play with subtitles ON, possible?

smart-tv

Hi guys, seems that my Plex always transcode material when i use subtitles. Is it possible, in the future, to use 'soft subtiles'? External subtitles and direct play... is that somewhere on the roadmap? Cheers!

On my Tizen Samsung using srt subs triggers a Direct Stream, but with very little overhead (NAS cpu stays around 1%). So my guess is that PMS is doing a remux of some sort. What TV/client are you using?

Latest plex app on Samsung 55KU6172. When subtitles are displayed, server always transcode the content, without subtiles everything works smooth, the content is direct played.

possible? yes, because emby can do it. Implemented in Plex? No!

Windows OpenPHT you can enable external SRT subtitles and it still can directplay. So either there is a limitation on the TV apps or Plex programmers don't know *%@(

I am going to say it's Plex programmers. Because the LG Xplay TV app can also play directly with external SRT enabled.

@mbze430 said:
Windows OpenPHT you can enable external SRT subtitles and it still can directplay. So either there is a limitation on the TV apps or Plex programmers don't know *%@(

I am going to say it's Plex programmers. Because the LG Xplay TV app can also play directly with external SRT enabled.

Yes, i can play movies with subtitles, without transcoding, using Serviio, but I still want to use Plex :) I wanted to know if that feature is on the roadmap.

It's a regression pretty much; previous client made by a popular forum user has that feature (among many others).
Current client, which in theory is supported by plex employees, is lacking 99% of the features that a fan-made client was having.

It's infuriating, even more so because i've got an half idea that they explicitly forbidden said forumer to make a client for Tizen; possibly to avoid competition.

they should hire said forumer