Direct Stream of 4K HEVC is not working

smart-tv

Hi,

The Direct stream of 4K HEVC contents is not working.
I tested with arrownd 30 different movies with differents bitrates.
I have tested different configurations and we have allways issues on image (macroblocs, exchanged fields, frames on loop…). Tests I did with HEVC movie using direct stream :

Play with and without subtitles --> Got image issues
Play with AAC audio --> Got image issues
Play with TrueHD audio --> The audio is transcoded to AAC and I got image issues

In every configuration The server is not transcoding as desired.
I attached a picture with the issue.

Its amazing was released an update of PMS and Tizen App and plex didnt resolve this issue!

@diasarmando said:
Its amazing was released an update of PMS and Tizen App and plex didnt resolve this issue!

TV Brand:
Model:
TV software version:
Receiver: Yes or No
ARC: Yes or No
Audio with receiver: LPCM

You will need to post the xml file for those Titles. Consensus is required if this issue can be fixed.

TV Brand: Samsung
Model: 55UE8005
TV software version: Tizen 3
Receiver: Yes
ARC: Yes
Audio with receiver: ??

All the 4K hevc movies I tryed, and were more than 30, cant be played. It was tested also in a different plex server with differect TV (Samsung 55KU6000)

@diasarmando said:
Hi,

The Direct stream of 4K HEVC contents is not working.
I tested with arrownd 30 different movies with differents bitrates.
I have tested different configurations and we have allways issues on image (macroblocs, exchanged fields, frames on loop…). Tests I did with HEVC movie using direct stream :

Play with and without subtitles --> Got image issues
Play with AAC audio --> Got image issues
Play with TrueHD audio --> The audio is transcoded to AAC and I got image issues

In every configuration The server is not transcoding as desired.
I attached a picture with the issue.

This is believed to be a Samsung Tizen issue. I have raised it with development together with the media file provided to see if the issue can be circumvented

The advice is to try and avoid Direct Streaming

Hi @diasarmando.

I can recreate the rendering artifacts on 4K content too. When I change the protocol used by the Tizen display to play Direct Stream or Transcoded content the artifacts go away.

While changing the protocol fixes rendering it results in my Tizen 2.4 and 3.0 displays dropping audio during playback. I've tried Direct Stream with AC3, EAC3, and AAC; all drop out. DTS results in silence and TrueHD causes the Samsung player to display a network error warning immediately.

We've got one more possible approach to look at. I'm apprehensive it will be stable on TV devices but we'll give it a try in the future.

Hi @mattseeley, There is anything I can do to speedup the resolution of this?

same problem also at UE65MU9000
Tizen 3, plex client 3.3.3
can play 4K at direct stream.