Disable player on bottom from Plex Web ?

plex-web

Hi !

Since many updates ago, I'm have the annoying plex web player that comes to the bottom to the page if I leave plex webpage.

Screenshot : https://imgur.com/a/xsP3UJa

How do I disable it ?

I annoys me because if I close my web browser, keep watching it on another device and then comeback to the web page, the progression roll back where I left it in plex web...

You close this player by clicking on the tiny x on the right side of it.

Hi !

Thank you, but often (and i'm not the only one), I close the web browser and continue watching it an another device (for example my smartphone). Let's say I finished my movie.

When I comeback and open my browser again, plex does not care if I ended watching my movie on another device, the progress is set to where I left when I closed my browser !

@punanitv said:
When I comeback and open my browser again, plex does not care if I ended watching my movie on another device, the progress is set to where I left when I closed my browser !

As I said above: stop the playback with the little x
If you don't do it, the player will re-appear at next browser start and resume playback at the position where you closed the browser.

The playback position will be stored on the server nonetheless, so you can resume playback on an other client.

I think you don't understand what I am saying...

I get it, if I close my web browser, the position is saved on the SERVER. We all agree !
Then I resume the playback on another device (for example android) and I finish the movie.
So at this point, the SERVER has received status watched/complete for the movie.

But if I reopen my web browser, the playback rolls back where I left it the first time !!!
So the bug is that Plex Web Player ignores the SERVER status somehow.

@punanitv said:
But if I reopen my web browser, the playback rolls back where I left it the first time !!!
So the bug is that Plex Web Player ignores the SERVER status somehow.

If you haven't closed the player with the little x, the web player will resume the playback at the last position.
You may be right in that this makes not much sense if the file has been watched on a different player in the mean time.
There is room for improvement here.
I will file a request for improvement.

But until this gets changed, just close the player with the x before closing the browser and you can avoid the issue.

@OttoKerner isn’t talking about the “X” to close the browser. There is another, smaller “x” in the upper right area of the player banner at the bottom of the page. I’ve highlighted it in this picture. It doesn’t show for me because I’m at work… but I can still click it.

Thank you, I think we all agree.

@AmazingRando24, I understood it that way too, don't worry

@OttoKerner said:

If you haven't closed the player with the little x, the web player will resume the playback at the last position.
You may be right in that this makes not much sense if the file has been watched on a different player in the mean time.
There is room for improvement here.
I will file a request for improvement.

Thank you @OttoKerner, this is exactly what I was referring to. Hope it will be fixed soon.