Doctor Who Specials etc.

server-mac

I am having an odd issue with Doctor Who 2005 Series... I have all the naming conventions correct based on other threads. If I add season 02 before I add the other 9 seasons, Season 2 gets broken up into season 12 with two entries with some of the season 2 episodes in each. If I add the the Doctor Who specials, I see them all.

However if I add Season 02 last, it shows up and it looks "fine" but then a bit later, the "Specials" disappear.
If I search for some of the specials, I can get perhaps one to show up in a search, but none of the others. If I take Specials out and re-add it, Season 02 turns back into two parts season 12.. some of the episodes into two different places called season 12.
Tried the cleans ups, and entry trash etc, no dice.. any thoughts.. is my whole database messed up and should I just delete everything and start over or what?

Did you try to add different folders.

TV Shows (Main Folder)
Doctor Who (Sub Folder)
Season 1 (Sub 2 Folder) < All season one + specials >
Season 2 (Sub 2 Folder)
etc...

TV Shows

Doctor Who

Season 1

S01EP01
S01EP02
Season 2
S02EP01
S02EP02

Thanks. I have it like this
TV Shows ->Doctor Who 2005 ->Season 01 , and the rest of the seasons under “Doctor Who 2005”, along with Specials.

You’re suggesting a special folder for the special episodes related to each season where they line up?

For example
Doctor Who 2005 > Season O1 >.Rose sO1e01, etc, then
Doctor Who 2005 > Season O1 > Specials > The Christmas Invasion s00eO2

Or am I missing the boat

Thanks

Well I gave a couple options a try and when I add anything to my Doctor Who 2005 folder beyond Seasons 01 to 10, I wind up with Season 02 disappearing and then being displayed as Season 12 with two entries, 5 episodes in one and 8 in another, if I remove Specials and Season 02 and re-add just Season 02, I get the 10 seasons of course, and no specials.

Plus if I don't add Season 02 as the very last into the Show Folder, it does the same thing..

I feel like something is broken in the database..

thanks

@BoogerMonster said:
Did you try to add different folders.

TV Shows (Main Folder)
Doctor Who (Sub Folder)
Season 1 (Sub 2 Folder) < All season one + specials >
Season 2 (Sub 2 Folder)
etc...

TV Shows

Doctor Who

Season 1

S01EP01
S01EP02
Season 2
S02EP01
S02EP02

As a side note, seasons are going to create and remove themselves based on the file names contained in the main folder for the show. They don't really pay much attention to the folder structure you actually have the files in.

If you have material moving around on you in odd ways, investigate your file names. In the samples you've provided above, it looks like you have the letter "o" in the season number, rather than the number; Season O1 vs Season 01.

They are actually zeros in my Plex setup, I might have typed an O above when I meant 0, didn't typo the actual folders or files..

I think the oddest part of this is that Doctor Who season 2 is the only one that behaves oddly, and breaks up in two pieces when added to the "Doctor Who 2005" show folder. And the episode files are not typoed either, they work fine when added "last" to the folder, but blow up when added most any time other than last, and even if I add specials before it, and add season 2 last, it blows season 2 into 2 parts.

I think I am just going to move all my TV show files into a New Library and delete the older Library and see if it fixes it, if that doesn't do it, the thought of rebuilding all my media server from scratch seems a little much, but I want to it to work right and display all my shows as expected.

@AmazingRando24 said:
As a side note, seasons are going to create and remove themselves based on the file names contained in the main folder for the show. They don't really pay much attention to the folder structure you actually have the files in.

If you have material moving around on you in odd ways, investigate your file names. In the samples you've provided above, it looks like you have the letter "o" in the season number, rather than the number; Season O1 vs Season 01.

I believe I figured this out, as I just encountered this problem trying to add this very episode myself…

In order to get it to work, and this is really dumb, but I had to use a lower case “e” in the S00e154 portion of the title. Absurd, but once I took out the errant episode, renamed it, Plex Danced it… it worked:

Doctor Who (2005) - S00e154 - Twice Upon a Time

I use the uppercase E ( Doctor Who (2005) - S00E154 - Twice Upon A Time ) and have a good match, so I’m not sure that would be the culprit…

I wonder if it looks at the folder as a whole? I matched it to the naming convention that was currently in there.