Does anyone else have issue with playback just abruptly stopping randomly?

server-nvidia-shield

It's a PITA. It just stops as though the video has finished because it goes to the play next screen. Been like this for months so I use the original version that came on the shield. I saw the update yesterday that mentioned something that I thought may have fixed it, but nope.

If anyone is having the same issue, we need to get them to figure it out ASAP.

Can a mod please move this to the Android TV player section?

There was a version with this bug, although that was a while ago. It works fine now.

In posted this on the wrong place. Are you referring to the server or player? I am referring to player. It just happened right now watching The Expanse. I have the latest version. Guess I have to revert again.

As I said it works fine for me. I don’t think you need to revert, you need to fault find.

I am experiencing the playback stopping within one second after starting. Doesn’t always happen but it does happen enough. It was occurring just on my Android TV (Mi Box 3)'s and not it is starting on my Nvidia Sheilds. It is persistant between different servers and platform (seems like a client issue)

For sure it is a client issue. Happens no where else but in shield for me.

My Plex Media Server has run well but I now have a similar problem to “dbinott” but I am not sure it is the same problem. Accordingly - I have opened a new question with details on my issue.

I occasionally get it on my Shield & Amazon firestick. Had it for a few months but difficult to replicate & log as it’s so random & seldom

@stuartf1 YES, thank you! exactly. but for me it’s not seldom, it will happen almost every viewing, and I think usually just once after i restart.

It’s been happening to me as well, usually within the first second of starting the content then it starts the “Next Up” screen. Upon replaying the material a second time it usually plays fine.

Yes, thank you. We need to get some traction on this!

@Daveid said:
It’s been happening to me as well, usually within the first second of starting the content then it starts the “Next Up” screen. Upon replaying the material a second time it usually plays fine.

I have the exact same issue you have reported. Any TV Show I watch, skips to the next episode after 1-2 seconds. If I replay the original episode, it plays fine (the 2nd time around)

@nilz76 said:

@Daveid said:

I have the exact same issue you have reported. Any TV Show I watch, skips to the next episode after 1-2 seconds. If I replay the original episode, it plays fine (the 2nd time around)

it is a well known bug reported in january(?) 2018, I guess. I have it, too. unfortunately nobody was able to fix it, yet.

Do you have a link to the report?

Don’t know if this is the right place, but my Plex on Nvidia Shield TV Pro 500GB, just stops, moves to next episode, on its own, and now movies just stop, server unavailable, so i have to keep restarting the Shield, is this Plex or Shield issue?

I am pretty sure it is a Shield issue as other platforms do not have this issue for me.

@Daveid said:

yup same here, sometimes also falsely get the trans coding on audio claiming that DD+ is not supported by my device, this has become really annoying.

@dbinott said:
Do you have a link to the report?

what do you mean exactly? I am sure the report you are looking for is out there (here in the forums).

Assuming that there is an official bug report if it’s a known issue, but
looks like Plex does not have an open bug tracker. Guess we really don’t
know if it’s known to them and if they are actively pursuing it.