Does anyone know how to use Filebot?

plex-media-player

I use filebot to rename show. but it seems to only work when shows are in already organized by air date starting with episode 1. my question is what if the files are mislabeled and the episode orders are all off? see pic for example:

here are my mislabeled files where episode numbers are all wrong

here is what they should be like according to tvdb

When this happens to me, I go through and manually renumber them, with little regard for the title that follows; the next scan fixes the titles after numbers are accurate. It’s a chore sometimes, but it’s the only way I’ve found to guarantee acceptable results.

EDIT: For example, just change the number for “The Smurfette” from 01 to 31… and so on.

Also, double check what the TVDB shows for DVD order. You may score there if the numbers align. You can import into Plex and then change the advanced settings to show DVD order which will right side the matches… if you’re lucky.

Yea I hate doing that too. lol. hopefully filebot updates their application
and address this.

You can always drag and reorder your episode files.

@OttoKerner said:
You can always drag and reorder your episode files.

Well I just learned something new!

I just found this particularly useful as well:
https://www.filebot.net/getting-started/index.html

@doormandoorman said:
here are my mislabeled files where episode numbers are all wrong

I hate when this happens. Man, if I wasn’t so damn lazy…

After dragging to reorder the files correctly some episodes were highlighted red on right side of filebot, which indicates i;m guessing a mismatch. I don’t know if it means anything but I was able to rename regardless. thanks

@doormandoorman said:
After dragging to reorder the files correctly some episodes were highlighted red on right side of filebot, which indicates i;m guessing a mismatch. I don’t know if it means anything but I was able to rename regardless. thanks

Those are indeed incorrect matches, or at least what it thinks are incorrect.