Edit XML

server-windows

Ok, so in the Media Manager on the left hand side at the bottom is a button to show "Media Info", audio stream and codec at what not, but at the bottom it says "View XML" and my question is:

Is there any way to edit this XML file? because it opens a file that is supposedly in the /library/metadata/ folder but I can't seem to find those metadata XML files to edit them.

Is this possible? I'm trying to edit cast lists as that still has not been implemented in the edit section.

You cannot edit the XML. Cast list editing (as far as I recall) is supported by the HTTP API to the server, but the media manager hasn't implemented it yet. We will, though :)

i'm also anxious to see this working. are there any other tools that use the API i could use to edit the cast info? or files i can edit by hand? or any way at all i can edit this info? thanks!

You cannot edit the XML. Cast list editing (as far as I recall) is supported by the HTTP API to the server, but the media manager hasn't implemented it yet. We will, though :)

Do we know when the ability to edit the cast listing is coming? 

Hello, i would also like to be able to edit the cast.

It doesent show up in the Plex Server Editor Window.

I see only under Tags:

Director

Country

Genres

Writers

Collections

But no Cast! Why?

Sometimes the Agents dont automatically find something and it would be very nice to add the actors at least by hand.

Also please make the Popup Editor Window bigger. We live in 2015 and HD monitors are standard already.

This scrolling to add a synopsis somehow sucks. :)

But great software, i love Plex!

+1 for cast editing

Has there been a update on how to do this?