Feature request: control casting on iOS lock screen

ios

A couple of years ago people were discussing adding media controls to the iOS lock screen for casting but apple locked down the API to only control media playing on the device itself.

I noticed that the iOS YouTube app can cast to TVs and you can change the volume etc from the lock screen.

Is this feature planned to be implemented?

Thanks

Bump!? YouTube and Spotify both does this while casting to Chromecast. Being able to Play/Pause and adjust the volume from the lock screen greatly enhance the remote experience. An implementation would be much appreciated

So this is still the way it is. I guess they couldn't think of a way to make us have to get up and walk over to the TV to change the channel and volume. Almost as bad, though.

This would be a great feature. Having to unlock the phone to play/pause is annoying.

@bamuppercut said:
This would be a great feature. Having to unlock the phone to play/pause is annoying.

I agree

Please make this feature happen! It's way too disruptive to unlock for play/pause whilst casting on i-devices

Agreed, I'd love to have this feature actually work!
It would probably also help to keep the Chromecast from disconnecting with the app so frequently.
I'm not sure if it would explicitly hello but it seems the support for it is getting easier to implement. Set some run in background flags and play an empty audio file while casting.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38897611/how-to-keep-gckcastsession-alive-when-app-goes-to-background

Need this please. Many times over upon unlocking phone to change something, the plex app craps out whilst casting to chromecast