Feature Request - Play Version dialogue Windows Store app (Windows)

windows-store-app

Feature Request add "Play Version" dialogue to the Windows Store app.

Do yourself a favor - Use Plex Media Player instead:
Top of the Forum/Download/Get an App

The Windows Store App, as many know already - blows.

@JuiceWSA, what a load of bollocks and I paid for the Windows app. Thanks thought, I didn't know that there was a desktop Media app.

Well.... just think of it like you paid for PMP. It's far superior to anything that runs in a browser.

As a Plex Passer all the device apps are free. Perhaps that crappy Windows Store Player isn't. I don't know the details.

Just in case anyone else finds this post, please note, the Plex Media Player is no different to the web browser and for me does not support 5.1 sound. Whereas the Windows app does support 5.1 sound!

@dr_genestealer said:
Just in case anyone else finds this post, please note, the Plex Media Player is no different to the web browser and for me does not support 5.1 sound. Whereas the Windows app does support 5.1 sound!

Incorrect.

@OttoKerner As you have not explained what part you feel is incorrect I cannot rebuttal. However I can elaborate on what I said.

I main issue I saw with the Plex Media Player in Windows (Version 3.0.1) on Win 10 64-Bit vs Plex for Windows (3.2.20.0), is the PMP is missing the options for setting the number of audio channels.

For me, PMP is running on 2 channels and Plex for Windows is running 5.1.

The screenshots shown on this link at not representative of the ones I’m seeing:
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/208053067-Settings-for-Plex-Media-Player

Below are some screenshots from my PMP

@dr_genestealer said:
I main issue I saw with the Plex Media Player in Windows (Version 3.0.1) on Win 10 64-Bit vs Plex for Windows (3.2.20.0), is the PMP is missing the options for setting the number of audio channels.

The ‘web browser view’ was kinda ‘bolted on’ to PMP recently. It is automatically activated when you are viewing the PMP not in full screen because it is then assumed that you are not using it in a HTPC situation (this assumption may be flawed).

The settings dialog you seek is only accessible if you switch PMP into its full screen “TV” mode.