Firefox and scroll bars issue

plex-web

I decided to switch over to using Firefox and i noticed something strange with Plex Web. When i use https://app.plex.tv/desktop# to access my server, there is a scroll bar on the left side by the libraries. However, when i go to my server:port directly, the bars are not visible. I did notice that my local version of PlexWeb is 3.31.1 whereas the plex.tv version is 3.32.2.

plex.tv version (scroll bar on left side):

Local Version (no scrollbar on left side):

You appear to be not signed in to a plex account when using the local version.
Check browser extensions. If you use AdBlock, ScriptBlock, PrivacyThis&That you need to define proper exemptions in their preferences for Plex and all its domains, or the web app will not function fully.

Thanks for the suggestion @OttoKerner but that’s not it. I’m signed in, no extensions enabled and still have the scrollbar.

I have noticed this same issue on multiple browsers with and without extensions enabled. Hopefully it gets addressed soon, it takes away from the nice clean UI Plex has.

Are you guys using a custom domain name or a VPN perhaps?

I am seeing this as well but only on firefox when using app . plex . tv which is using the latest version of plexweb (3.32.2)
whereas if i use my installed version of plexweb (3.27.1) the scroll bar is correctly hidden

Chrome does not show the scroll bars on app . plex . tv

in firefox on the hosted version of plexweb, the div with the classes:
“SidebarScroller-scroller-1qhOG Scroller-scroller-d5-b- Scroller-vertical-1bgGS”

has a css rule of:
overflow-y: scroll;

on the old version, this has a rule of
overflow-y: auto;

if i change the css of the hosted version to overflow-y: auto; using firefox developer tools the bar disappears.

I just installed the latest version of PMS and do not see the issue in firefox, but this seems to have plexweb v 3.32.1, not v 3.22.2

So it looks like it may just be an issue with v 3.32.2 but as that is not yet available with pms it’s a bit hard to test

I could reproduce the bug and I have filed it as such.

Same issue here … it arrived on my Firefox as soon as plexweb (3.32.2) was pushed out.

Same issue with latest version of Firefox, it’s really agitating.

~~i logged into today and i dont see the scrollbars anymore. The plex web version hasn’t changed (3.32.2) so not sure if Plex team did something or maybe a Firefox update fixed the issue. ~~

Nevermind. Issue still exists.

We’ve found the issue and it should be fixed in the next web update. Sorry about that.

@ericmatthys said:
We’ve found the issue and it should be fixed in the next web update. Sorry about that.

Plex web Version 3.34.1 for me on older Firefox 56 the issue is fixed!! thank you!!

I still have this problem with Web Player Version 3.37.1 and running Firefox Quantum 58.0.2 (64-bit).

I was told that Firefox doesn’t support styling of the scrollbars at all. So they’ll always appear in their default look.

The other issue with the scrollbar appearing on the left side, even though the window didn’t need scrollbars is resolved.

@OttoKerner said:
I was told that Firefox doesn’t support styling of the scrollbars at all. So they’ll always appear in their default look.

The other issue with the scrollbar appearing on the left side, even though the window didn’t need scrollbars is resolved.

The scrollbars are styled in the latest version of Firefox (58.0.2) and Plex Web (3.37.1)

@rcork said:
The scrollbars are styled in the latest version of Firefox (58.0.2) and Plex Web (3.37.1)

Not here.

@rcork said:

Still look the same to me. Do you have a skin that changes how the scroll bars are styled by chance?

@adamskoog said:

@rcork said:

Still look the same to me. Do you have a skin that changes how the scroll bars are styled by chance?

Nope. Vanilla Firefox with only uBlock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere add-ons. I’ll send a screenshot when i get home.

@adamskoog Are you using the app.plex.tv or localhost gui? I use app.plex.tv to access my server, rarely the local version. There’s a big version difference of PlexWeb between the two at the moment.

I was using the hosted version: