[FIXED][Mi Box] Plex version 6.13.6.3452 doesn't direct play or transcode any video

android-tv

Today february 12 2018 I received the 6.13.6.3452 update and I can’t play any video, only photos and music.

When I hit play the loading cog appears and stays there doing nothing, if I hit back on the remote control the cog freezes and then after pressing the button several times the little notification to notify, wait and stop the app appears.

Same here. Uninstall and reinstall plex, that work for me.

Same here !watch my video.

@magicbel said:
Same here. Uninstall and reinstall plex, that work for me.

That didn’t work for me :frowning:

@smallworms said:
Same here !watch my video.

What video?

Would you be able to grab some logs and we can investigate the issue!

Same problem here ! Watch the video … I have this issue on my xperia z2 and asus memopad tablet.

@sixones said:

Yes sir, can you tell me how can I send them?

I don’t know how or why but today february 13th it started to work, now I’m testing some videos to see how it goes…

After some testing, some issues were fixed while others still remain, I’m gonna mark this post as FIXED.

@sixones said:

Looks like this issue is not fixed as I though, now it’s again with the same behavior as I explained at first on this post, so here are the logs…

@delacosta78 said:

@sixones said:

Looks like this issue is not fixed as I though, now it’s again with the same behavior as I explained at first on this post, so here are the logs…

What is your Plex server version number? Logs look a bit unusual to me, although I’m not an expert. Just concerned too, cause my friends’ parents have Mi Box and it’s on auto update. They didn’t report any issues, but not sure if it’s updated yet.

@enchained said:

What is your Plex server version number? Logs look a bit unusual to me, although I’m not an expert. Just concerned too, cause my friends’ parents have Mi Box and it’s on auto update. They didn’t report any issues, but not sure if it’s updated yet.

My Plex server is version 1.10.1.4602, the issue goes back and forth, today february 14 I tested a video and it’s working again, I’m pretty sure in the course of the day will fail again.

Did you marked specific times when it went wrong? Please mark it if it happens again. I see too many errors in the log to pinpoint to a specific one. Also realized that’s probably device logs, not a server, stupid me, heh

Also, just to be sure - the issue was noticed specifically on files from that server? I see at least 2 servers mentioned in your logs - v1.10 and v1.9. Did the issue ever happened when you played files from other servers?

UPD: found something that could be crucial. I hope android devs will take a look at it:

!
! 02-13 19:14:06.764 e: Stacktrace: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘android.view.ViewGroup$LayoutParams android.view.View.getLayoutParams()’ on a null object reference
! at android.support.v7.widget.OrientationHelper$2.getDecoratedStart(SourceFile:395)
! at android.support.v17.leanback.widget.GridLayoutManager.c(SourceFile:1096)
! at android.support.v17.leanback.widget.GridLayoutManager$2.b(SourceFile:1690)
! at android.support.v17.leanback.widget.bn.b(SourceFile:415)
! at android.support.v17.leanback.widget.GridLayoutManager.G(SourceFile:1784)
! at android.support.v17.leanback.widget.GridLayoutManager.z(SourceFile:2395)
! at android.support.v17.leanback.widget.GridLayoutManager.scrollVerticallyBy(SourceFile:2338)
! at android.support.v7.widget.RecyclerView$ViewFlinger.run(SourceFile:4838)
! at android.view.Choreographer$CallbackRecord.run(Choreographer.java:858)
! at android.view.Choreographer.doCallbacks(Choreographer.java:670)
! at android.view.Choreographer.doFrame(Choreographer.java:603)
! at android.view.Choreographer$FrameDisplayEventReceiver.run(Choreographer.java:844)
! at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
! at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
! at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
! at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5422)
! at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
! at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)
! at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)
!
! 02-13 21:59:52.429 e: An exception occurred: com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.MismatchedInputException: No content to map due to end-of-input
! at [Source: (String)""; line: 1, column: 0]
! 02-13 21:59:52.434 e: Stacktrace: com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.MismatchedInputException: No content to map due to end-of-input
! at [Source: (String)""; line: 1, column: 0]
! at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._initForReading(SourceFile:4133)
! at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(SourceFile:3986)
! at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.readValue(SourceFile:2992)
! at com.plexapp.plex.net.a.b.a(SourceFile:37)
! at com.plexapp.plex.net.a.b.a(SourceFile:22)
! at com.plexapp.plex.net.MyPlexRequest.b(SourceFile:604)
! at com.plexapp.plex.net.MyPlexRequest.a(SourceFile:463)
! at com.plexapp.plex.net.MyPlexRequest.f(SourceFile:449)
! at com.plexapp.plex.application.bl.a(SourceFile:42)
! at com.plexapp.plex.application.bl.doInBackground(SourceFile:8)
! at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:295)
! at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:237)
! at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1113)
! at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:588)
! at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)
!
!

It repeats multiple times and may or may not be related. Look for those “stacktraces” in case something breaks again and compare the time of the event.

@enchained said:

Did you marked specific times when it went wrong? Please mark it if it happens again

Next time it happens again I’ll inform the exact time and reupload the log.

that’s probably device logs, not a server, stupid me, heh

That’s the device’s log.

Also, just to be sure - the issue was noticed specifically on files from that server? I see at least 2 servers mentioned in your logs - v1.10 and v1.9. Did the issue ever happened when you played files from other servers?

I’m not sure why you see two servers but I have only one.

Looks like the issue is gone after the new 6.13.7.3458 update I received today february 15. I hope it doesn’t break anymore.