Force Transcoding of Live TV?

server-nvidia-shield

I have an issue with watching one of my OTA channels live on my Shield. I can watch the channel on other devices, just not shield. It says connection to server failed. It looks like its trying to direct play but the shield client has an issue. A quick work around would be to transcode. Recorded files of this channel also fail.

I also don't care for the quality of how the shield handles interlaced channels and it seems Plex server does a better job of de-interlacing.

Anyway I can force live TV to transcode for Shield?(and no, changing the quality level to some absurd level isn't an acceptable way)

PLEX Web, Settings, Server, on left select Live TV & DVR, select settings icon for your tuner, there is option to force ''Transcode'.

@Bob_H said:
PLEX Web, Settings, Server, on left select Live TV & DVR, select settings icon for your tuner, there is option to force ''Transcode'.

Thanks Bob. However, I am referring to transcoding of the client stream to the device watching live video. I believe that settings is transcoding the incoming stream from the HDHomerun.