French just came out on Alexa, please support it for Plex!

alexa
voice-control

Thanks! :)

Im interrested too.
I dont known if its possible to use plex english skills with french Alexa ?

Hi,

+1 on the request.

As a french user, I’ve tried to download Plex skill from amazon US , but the skill is georestricted (you can’t download it if you alexa device is not in the US).

Could you remove this restriction, or publish a beta french Plex Skill “as is”, without any change from the US version ?

I volunteer for localization if you need help.

Edit : same problem if I try to installe Plex skill from Uk amazon.co.uk : “You are not eligible to enable this skill due to geographical restrictions.”

@agasi34 said:
Im interrested too.
I dont known if its possible to use plex english skills with french Alexa ?

I don’t know specifically for plex skill, but I have installed other english skills from amazon.co.uk on my french echo without any problem.

I used the plex Skill before in Canada. It worked when my Alexa was set to English (Canada), but now that I have set it to Francais (France), I can’t get the Plex Skill to work.

Si i think plex skills only worked when Alexa language is set to english… So If you dont use Amazon echo in english its impossible to get plex skills…

+1 - Need info if Plex Skills will be unlocked for French Alexa

So any answer thx ?

I saw what they did in the german translation post, and i thought we could do the same for french
So i joined this website :

But i can’t select French Fr in “request language” :confused:
I’m pretty good at translating, i’d love to help!

Guess i’ll start by translating all this here :
https://support.plex.tv/articles/236324808-alexa-voice-commands/

+1 need Skills unlocked for French Alexa :slight_smile:

PS: I dont care if the skill is in French or English, the problem is : I cannot enable it (You are not eligible to enable this skill due to geographical restrictions.)

+1 need french skills.

+1 need it please

+1 Same need

+1 need please

Just added a Feature Request here :

@WsfWarlord said:
I saw what they did in the german translation post, and i thought we could do the same for french
So i joined this website :
https://www.transifex.com/plex-1/alexa/
But i can’t select French Fr in “request language” :confused:
I’m pretty good at translating, i’d love to help!

It seems French (Fr-fr) as already been requested and is pending approval from Plex.