Good news and bad news this time…
The good news is that I just submitted version 2.010 to Samsung.
As expected, the 2012 and 2013 models were not available for submission, so I requested those separately.
I’ll also included the USB side-load version below.
The bad news is that due to problems with my eyesight, this will be the last version I will be releasing.
So this is also goodbye. I really do not want to let go of this project, but while I can still see, I want to do other things then sitting behind my computer.
Anyway, here are the release notes for 2.010:
- Fixed: Automatic audio output switching stopped working.
- Fixed: Audio switching between different tracks could fail.
- Fixed: The displayed indicator for ‘Auto adjust transcoding quality’ would not stay ‘on’.
- Fixed: Remote controlling the app from IOS could throw an error.
- Fixed: Issue with switching volume on TV Show theme music.
- Fixed: Manually added servers did not always show up in the server list.
- Fixed: Browsing with left/right arrow on the preplay screen, did not work for ‘Watch later/Recommended’.
- Fixed: Some bad behaving channels were not showing the video in the correct aspectratio.
- Fixed: Theme song did not follow the selection while browsing inside the preplay screen.
- Fixed: Bug with showing mixed content photo/video in combination with companion.
- Fixed: Play/Shuffle all, did not work for the root folder in ‘By Folder’.
- Fixed: Play/Shuffle all, did not work for Photos in ‘By Cluster’.
- Update: Added ‘Original’ and ‘1.85:1’ to manual aspect-ratio modes.
- Update: Added option to hide ‘Search’ from the menu.
- Update: Optimized communications and memory usage.(Major overhaul)
- Update: Optimized channel list loading times.
- Update: Improved animation performance.
- New: Added a new option under System that lets you pick a friendlier device name to use with Alexa.
- New: Allow remote control to be used with (recent) remote servers.
- New: Added playback mode settings to playlists and channels.
Download for USB side-load: Plex_2010_04142018.zip
The manual : Plex_for_Samsung_App_Manual_v2.010.pdf
If you have been happy using this app and you haven’t done so,
please consider making a small donation or write a nice review here.
Thanks for putting up with me over the last 8 years, I hope you like this final version and I wish you all the luck in the world!
All the best,