Google Cardboard?

plex-vr

Will there be a version created for Google Cardboard (non-Daydream)?

We’re actively looking into adding support for other popular VR platforms in the future, but no further details can be provided at the moment. Sorry I can’t be more specific than that.

I hope that will be a thing at some point, kinda sucks that I can’t get Daydream to work on my Xiaomi A1 :frowning:

I’m also in favor of supporting Cardboard. It’ll open up a whole lot more users to “watch together” with. Frankly I don’t care much about the virtual environment; just give me a UI to watch my Plex library in a headset.

+1 to this. Kinda surprised that cardboard is not already supported. Is the SDK much different ?

+1 to this. Lots of my friends and family have Cardboard VR headsets; hardly anyone has Google DayDream or the others.

+1 New platforms have been added, but not cardboard, the most accessible one. I hope it won’t be too much longer. :slight_smile: <3

I’m with this guy, I don’t even need the watch together feature. I just need to be able to navigate and watch while laying down so I don’t disturb my wife. She hates the light from my tablet.