Has anyone figured out how to play a specific song from plex on echo?

alexa
voice-control

Love this feature but havent figured out the commands that work.

None of the Alexa commands in the FAQ work for you?

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/236324808-Alexa-Voice-Commands

Are you trying to play the song on the Echo or are you trying to play the song on your TV using the Alexa skill by telling the Echo to have Plex play the song?

If you are trying to play the song on the Echo it will not work with the voice command. The Echo is not a "plex Player". You will need to connect your phone with the Plex app to the Echo via bluetooth.
If you are trying to play a song on your TV, use the commands in the list @kegobeer-plex linked to.

thanks for the answer!

@kegobeer-plex said:
None of the Alexa commands in the FAQ work for you?

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/236324808-Alexa-Voice-Commands

I guess no rewind or fast forward is supported ?

I've not had a lot of luck getting the Alexa Plex skill to do much of anything useful. Today, I decided to ask Alexa to Open Plex and play a podcast by artist name. It connected to my PMS (Seagate Personal Cloud) OK, but then started playing the audio on my notebook via the Plex browser session I had open (not expecting that). I was able to pause and stop the audio. My thought was that the skill would connect to my PMS and play the audio on the Echo. rsava pointed out that the Echo is not a Plex player and that makes sense now and also makes the skill less useful for my purposes. Maybe in time I will find a way to leverage the skill...

Alexa will not open plex.... plex has to be open first (unless you use a harmony hub with a plex activity setup).
And no the alexa can NOT be used as a speaker unless you bluetooth to it from your phone and then use the plex app on your phone.

So today I was testing out Alexa and it plays videos thru Plex just fine. However, it's not so good with audio tracks. I have multiple Plex servers and I have to tell Alexa to play a certain track on the "specific" server in order for that track to play. As I stated earlier, video has no problem remembering the default server to play on, but audio is not that intuitive. I look forward to update that addresses this.

@“dseanjj@yahoo.com” said:
So today I was testing out Alexa and it plays videos thru Plex just fine. However, it’s not so good with audio tracks. I have multiple Plex servers and I have to tell Alexa to play a certain track on the “specific” server in order for that track to play. As I stated earlier, video has no problem remembering the default server to play on, but audio is not that intuitive. I look forward to update that addresses this.

Bumping this as I"m not sure why I can’t make my ROKU TV the default music player so I don’t have to says Alexa, Ask Plex to Play Lazerhawk on TCL ROKU TV at that point I could have actually used the remote lol.

@“dseanjj@yahoo.com” said:
So today I was testing out Alexa and it plays videos thru Plex just fine. However, it’s not so good with audio tracks. I have multiple Plex servers and I have to tell Alexa to play a certain track on the “specific” server in order for that track to play. As I stated earlier, video has no problem remembering the default server to play on, but audio is not that intuitive. I look forward to update that addresses this.

Alexa will search the same server. You might need to tell it that you are playing a song. So instead of “play …” try “play the track …”.

@“thefritz1@gmail.com” said:
Bumping this as I"m not sure why I can’t make my ROKU TV the default music player so I don’t have to says Alexa, Ask Plex to Play Lazerhawk on TCL ROKU TV at that point I could have actually used the remote lol.

Is your Roku listed when you try setting the default player?

“Alexa, tell Plex to set a default player”