High background CPU of Plex Scanner on PMS WIn 10 with v1.10?

server-windows

Running 1.10.1.4602 on Win 10 Pro, fully patched up to Jan 2018. I updated today to this version (I used to be on 1.8). Now, after doing a scan (for example, on a Music folder), I am seeing high background CPU use (52%+). This only started happening after I upgraded Plex, which makes me suspect Plex.

Am I alone in seeing this behavior? All my libraries are on a Synology NAS on my local LAN, but I'm not seeing any other slowdowns or CPU usage, except by Plex. Before starting the scan, I was at 2-3% CPU; after, 52%+ (and the scan has finished).

Give it a few hours. It will go down eventually after it has added Loudness analysis to your music files.

I didn't realize there was such a thing as "Loudness" analysis. LOL Is that something new to this version?

I stopped the process, but I will scan again before I go to bed, as I use this same PC for things like converting video, which wants all 100% of this I7 ... so I'll let Plex use it all it wants, while I am asleep.

Thanks for the tip.

@MikeLeone said:
I didn't realize there was such a thing as "Loudness" analysis. LOL Is that something new to this version?

Yes. Currently the only client to actually use this is Plexamp