How can I play video at the bottom of the screen / projection instead of it being centred?

plex-web

VLC has an option to align video e.g. to the bottom of the screen. This is very handy e.g. when using a 4:3 aspect ratio projector with a 16:9 video.
How can one position the Plex Web App or Windows Player video on the bottom of the screen?

In the web app, I don’t know a way to influence video position.

If you use Plex Media Player (which is recommended anyway over the web app for a home cinema) there is a way:
add this line to the mpv.conf file:
--video-align-y=-1

But this will only work if the black borders are not part of the video picture. i.e. you must have cropped the black borders of your video after ripping it.
It won’t work with DVD and Bluray [REMUX]es.

See here for info about the mpv.conf file:

And sorry, my example will move the picture to the top of the screen.
You wanted it at the bottom, so you’ll need
--video-align-y=1 instead

Thanks Otto. I’m using a 32-bit Windows, so I cannot even install the Windows Player. There’s a version from the Microsoft Store available, but I cannot find a mpv.conf for it. I keep looking, thanks again.

@felixkaiser said:
Thanks Otto. I’m using a 32-bit Windows, so I cannot even install the Windows Player. There’s a version from the Microsoft Store available, but I cannot find a mpv.conf for it. I keep looking, thanks again.

The software on the App Store is not Plex Media Player. The above trick won’t work for it.