How do I manually install a Plug-in (chown doesn't work)

server-terramaster

I want to manually install a plug-in my Plex Server on my TerraMaster f4-220 NAS. I have successfully downloaded, unzipped and copied the bundle to the plug-in directory. The group is correct but the directory and files are owned by root instead of plex so don't work. chown says I can't use chown (I'm logged in through SSH as admin) to change owner. Any help?

I’m also looking at some help with this. I have played around with it some and added a VGA port to it. (See this video for information on the VGA cable and running a different OS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF2DHxoc83Q )

With that you can get into the BIOS of the NAS itself and fiddle with some of the settings. I haven’t gotten around to adding my own RAM stick (as opposed to their own one) or adding a wifi card to it (again, they say only theirs will work…) It looks like the USB drive in it just installs the OS, and it runs the OS off the hard drives themselves, so I’d back up any files before you try a new OS. I haven’t played with it enough to know if their is a problem with getting files moved off the drives while not running their TOS.

@petethesailor said:
I want to manually install a plug-in my Plex Server on my TerraMaster f4-220 NAS. I have successfully downloaded, unzipped and copied the bundle to the plug-in directory. The group is correct but the directory and files are owned by root instead of plex so don’t work. chown says I can’t use chown (I’m logged in through SSH as admin) to change owner. Any help?

were you able to resolve this, im using a f2-220 and i would like to know how to go about installing plugins

So I’m at least one step closer to getting this to work. It seems (at least with F2-220) that the root user is the same password as the admin account. With this I was able to get the WebTools.bundle into the plug-ins folder. However, from there I can’t seem to get Plex to see the plugin/access from either the plugins page or from port 33400.

If anyone’s able to help beyond that, it would be helpful.