Huge downgrade for offline watching

ios

The offline usability seems to have gotten a huge downgrade with the new update.

1. Why is there no Home screen when offline? One of the biggest features is the added configuration options, but you can‘t use them while you are not connected to the web. I can‘t think of any reason for that.
  2. There is no On Deck row for offline content. Now I have to search through my whole library to simple start the next episode of the show I‘m currently watching.

As someone who uses Plex every day on the iPad while commuting to work, that are huge disadvantages compared to the last version. Please, pretty please: Bring back those offline functions.

I haven't tested this yet... are those views available when you enable "offline browsing" in the account/settings on your iOS Plex client?

No sadly not. I don‘t even know why someone would want to use the offline browsing mode when core navigation features are missing while being offline.
Yesterday on the way to work I had to connect the tablet to the hotspot on my mobile just to get the home screen to being displayed. There was nothing syncing or downloading or anything - the connection was only needed to get rid of this superfluous shark image
Really can’t understand such a design decision, when it worked perfectly before.

Totally agree with you Claptraw.

Without a network connection to the Plex server, the search function is useless. Even though I have tonnes of synced content.

And when I find out how to eliminate those stupid podcast search results I will feel great.

I heard they are working on making the homescreen available offline, it would indeed be much appreciated for offline commuters!

It just boggles the mind that whoever they gave this to to beta test did not say "hey, why the stuff I added to the home screen, like "On Deck, on this device" gone when offline because the items are ON THIS DEVICE".

How many people tested this thing outside of Plex employees?

@Anijake said:
It just boggles the mind that whoever they gave this to to beta test did not say "hey, why the stuff I added to the home screen, like "On Deck, on this device" gone when offline because the items are ON THIS DEVICE".

How many people tested this thing outside of Plex employees?

If I were to guess - ZERO (I'm not even sure if any Plex employees tested this POS!)